- 49 min ago Kriti Sanon Has Fashion Lessons For Those Who Want To Ace The Traditional Marathi Look
- 1 hr ago Karisma Kapoor Gives Us Awe-worthy Moments With Her Ethnic And Western Outfits
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 10 December 2019
- 14 hrs ago Dog Bite: From First Aid Treatment To Preventing It, Here's All You Need To Know
- News Citizenship bill patently unconstitutional, battleground to shift to SC, says Chidambaram
- Finance Gold On A Roll In 2019, More Returns Likely In 2020
- Sports Big Bout Indian Boxing League: Bombay Bullets climb to fourth with win over Bengaluru Brawlers
- Movies Shweta Basu Prasad Ends Marriage With Rohit Mittal; Thanks Him For 'Irreplaceable' Memories
- Technology Clash Of Clans Version 13 Update With Town Hall 13 Released For Android And iOS
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Psoriasis is condition that affects the skin. It could cause irritation and dry patches on skin. The patches could appear red and scaly. This condition is caused by a response of the body's immune system.
Also Read: 7 Exercises That Boost Sexual Performance
The patches are mainly seen in areas like knees, elbows and scalp. The patches turn dry and may cause irritation. Flakiness, peeling of the skin, rashes, cracks and even pain are certain other effects of psoriasis.
Also Read: Why Do You Feel Sore After Making Love?
It is better to avoid alcohol, stress, smoking and too much of sunlight exposure if you have psoriasis. Also, avoid the following foods.
Certain fried foods could increase inflammation in the body and could raise the risk of developing psoriasis symptoms. Therefore, either avoid them or reduce your intake if you have psoriasis.
Certain compounds present in dairy could also worsen inflammation and therefore, may trigger psoriasis.
Dextrose, fructose, corn syrup, maltose, honey and various other types of sugars could aggravate the symptoms of psoriasis. Try to avoid cakes, beverages, candy, sweets and other items or drinks that contain sugar.
Certain citrus fruits like lemons and oranges may cause allergic reactions. Remove them from your diet if you have psoriasis.
Even red meat could aggravate the symptoms. Avoid processed meat too.
Alcohol can dry up your skin and it could also aggravate the symptoms of this skin condition.
Barley, rye, wheat and other grains that contain gluten are to be avoided as they may trigger psoriasis symptoms.
Foods that involve yeast and fermentation may also worsen the symptoms. Pizzas, burgers, breads and other foods which contain yeast are to be avoided.