- 10 hrs ago What Is The Importance Of Premarital Health Checkups?
- 15 hrs ago From Alia Bhatt To Kareena Kapoor Khan, These Divas Will Give Your Major Shopping Inspiration
- 19 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope: 15 December To 21 December
- 21 hrs ago 10 Situations Under Which A Man Should Practice Sexual Abstinence
- News Jharkhand Assembly Election 2019 LIVE: Voting for 4th phase today; 2 ministers' fate to be decided
- Sports Arsenal 0-3 Manchester City: Peerless De Bruyne inspires emphatic victory
- Movies Mohanlal-Prithviraj Duo's Empuraan: Here's An Interesting Update!
- Technology How To Check Screen Time On Various Devices
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
You have promised yourself to start eating healthy, either because you want to lose some weight or because you want to improve your overall health.
So, you dispose off all the junk food and fill your refrigerator with foods that you believe are healthy!
However, many a times, we get our information on healthy foods from various sources that may not be authentic, so there are chances that the foods you believe are healthy, may not be so healthy after all!
You then end up consuming these "healthy" foods and fall sick or not lose any weight, and start to wonder what the reason might be!
There is a mind-blowing array of foods today, available at ease to most people. So, it is extremely hard to tell which foods are unhealthy and which ones are not.
So, it is very important to be aware of the nutritional facts about various natural ingredients and foods, before we blindly believe that they are healthy.
Here is a list of healthy foods, which are not actually healthy and can harm your body, take a look.
1. Flavoured Soy Milk
Many people believe that soy milk is healthy and low in calories, however, if you are consuming flavoured soy milk on a daily basis, know that it has a high amount of sugar, which is obviously not healthy!
2. Canned Foods
If you use canned food products to save time, you might be putting your health at risk, as canned food products are high in sodium content that can cause high blood pressure.
Unless you are opting for the whole-grain variety, the other varieties of bread can be harmful for your health, as it is high on calories and low in fibre content, causing digestive problems.
4. Fruit Juice
Many of us feel that fruit juices that are available outside are healthy, however, they are high in sugar content and may also be made from contaminated water!
5. Frozen Yoghurt
Frozen yoghurt has become popular among the youngsters these days, as they feel that it is a healthy alternative to ice-cream. However, frozen yoghurt also contains a lot of sugar and fat content.
6. Orange Juice
Surprisingly, a research study has indicated that orange juice can lead to common cold and sinus infections when consumed in excess, especially during the winters.
7. Organic Food
While is is true that organic fruits and vegetables contains less pesticides and has more nutrients, they can also contain various microbes such as E.coli and salmonella, that can cause food borne diseases.