- 4 hrs ago This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- 4 hrs ago Man Eats 'Banana Art' Worth USD 120,000, Says He Isn't Sorry!
- 6 hrs ago This Company Will Allow Their LGBTQ+ Employees To Avail HR Benefits On Declaring Their Partner
- 6 hrs ago Penile Allergy: Causes, Home Remedies And Prevention
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan: 'I'll Be Lying If I Say I Really Struggled'
- Sports Pakistan will not play any home series on neutral venue: PCB chief Mani
- News Govt issues 8-point 'myth-buster' on controversial Citizenship Amendment Bill
- Finance Yes Bank Defers Decision On Allotment Of Shares To Citax; Braich's Bid Under Discussion
- Technology RedmiBook 13 With Intel Core i5/i7 Announced For Around Rs. 43,500
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Today, biscuits are almost an integral part of our diets. We all eat biscuits most of the time. They are the most popular snack option that we have.
Also Read: Steps To Prevent A Stroke
In fact, we are also offered biscuits wherever we go. Whether it is a quick meeting in your company or a tea party in your friend's house, they are everywhere. But are they good for health?
Of course, they are bad for people suffering from diabetes. Also, they are full of calories and may make you gain weight fast.
Though there are many brands claiming to have come up with healthy biscuits, they are just the labels. Oat biscuits, multi-grain or the digestive types- all biscuits do mess up your weight a bit and if you overeat, they could also clog your arteries.
Also Read: Reasons To Eat Cauliflower Daily
Let us discuss why they are not so good for your health.
What Are They Made Of?
Most of the biscuits are made of refined flours which don't contain enough of fibre. They may spike your blood sugar levels which is bad for your health in the long run.
Most of the biscuits do contain lots of sugar. They can add up empty calories which cause unwanted fat.
Biscuits contain hydrogenated fats. All biscuits do contain some amount of fat even if the label says fat free.
Many studies suggest that excessive consumption may also cause gluten allergy.
In some people, biscuits may also cause constipation as they are made of refined flour.
The sugar and added flavours in some biscuits may also make you addicted for a long time.
Bad For Teeth
Just like other sweets and chocolates, even biscuits can wreck your teeth if you are not careful about your dental health.