- 6 hrs ago What The--! Thousands Of Penis Fishes Found On California Beach
- 6 hrs ago Scientists Develop Once-a-month Contraceptive Pill, Human Trials To Be Done Soon
- 7 hrs ago A 78-Year-Old Pensioner Gets A Christmas Surprise And The Video Will Move You To Tears
- 7 hrs ago The Navy Officer’s Wife Vidya Raju Rescues 20 Kg Python, Video Goes Viral
- Technology NASA Finds Water Ice On Mars; Could Life Be Possible?
- Movies Arjun Kapoor Faced 3 To 4 Rejections From Aditya Chopra Before He Cracked Ishaqzaade Audition
- Sports Injured Bhuvneshwar Kumar may miss the ODI series against West Indies
- News Refineries shut, fuel crisis likely in Northeast if agitation continues
- Automobiles New 2020 Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- Finance Prince Pipes To Launch IPO On Dec 18
- Travel Tips To Have A Local Experience When Travelling Or Moving Overseas
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
The other name of okra is lady finger. In India, they call it 'bhindi'. Okra is among the most nutritious and healthy foods.
It is packed with folate, Vitamin C and K and of course, fibre content that can really soothe your digestive system.It is also healthy for pregnant women but consult your gynecologist before you include it in your diet.
It can be boiled or fried or even consumed raw. It's a low-calorie food that doesn't add up to your fat levels which is another reason to include it in your diet. Some people consider it as a laxative too.To put it in a nutshell, okra can prevent diabetes, help your colon, prevent respiratory issues, heal your skin, boost your digestion, improve your eye sight and prevent constipation.
Well, if you are interested to know about the benefits of okra, read on.
Okra can boost your immune system as it is rich in vitamin C and anti-oxidants. Manganese, magnesium, iron and calcium are some minerals that bhindi contributes to your body if you consume it on a regular basis.
Pectin which is a soluble fibre present in okra helps in minimising bad cholesterol levels in your body. Include bhindi in your meals on a regular basis.
Though not really a major protein source, okra can still be relied upon for its contribution of protein. This is one of the nutritional benefits of okra.
As the fibre content in bhindi cleanses your intestines, the risk of colon related disorders will be greatly reduced.
Those suffering from asthma can rely on bhindi to gain a bit of relief as it contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
The fibre content and vitamin C present in bhindi helps a lot in detoxifying and healing your skin. So, consume it to heal your breakouts.
As it is rich in fibre, it can also relieve your constipation symptoms. Consuming bhindi can be soothing to your intestines.
Yes, okra can fight fatigue and weakness. Include it in your breakfast to face your stress filled day. This is one of the lesser known benefits of eating okra.
Is okra good for you? As bhindi also plays an important role in regulating your blood sugar levels, diabetics can include it in their diet.
Good For Bones
As it also contains Vitamin K, okra can also do some good to your bones to prevent early osteoporosis.
Though there isn't much evidence, there are some sources which say that bhindi can be a good preventive measure for genital conditions like gonorrhea and syphilis.
Buy Best Health Insurance Plans