Raisins are extremely delicious. They are one of the popular varieties of dry fruits loved by almost everyone. They are obtained by drying or dehydrating grapes. They are widely used in cooking deserts, cookies and puddings. These tiny fruits are full of nutrients and can be considered as an alternative for unhealthy snacks.
Raisins are available in 3 different colours which are black, green and golden. They are rich in vitamin B, C, folic acid, iron, carotenes, leutein, potassium, calcium and magnesium. They provide energy, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
The best thing is that they are available throughout the year and have high nutritional value and medicinal properties. The glucose and fructose present in them boost your energy levels. The nutrients present in them work wonders for your skin and hair as well. They provide a plethora of health benefits too. They provide relief from constipation, anemia, fever, sexual dysfunction and so on.
In this article, we have listed out some more health benefits of eating raisins everyday. Read on to know more about them.
Raisins are extremely beneficial for those who want to increase their blood count. Since they are rich in iron and B-complex, consuming them on a daily basis contributes to the daily intake of iron and keeps anemia at bay.
Fights Bad Cholesterol
Black raisins contain zero cholesterol. It benefits in eliminating bad cholesterol (LDL) in the body.
The calcium present in raisins is a vital constituent of bones. It maintains the overall health of bones. Lack of calcium might result in osteoporosis. Since raisins are rich in calcium, they can protect you from osteoporosis and other bone disorders.
Consuming a few raisins everyday is one of the best ways to relieve constipation. It keeps the bowel movements regular and flushes out toxins from your body.
The good amount of potassium and magnesium present in raisins efficiently reduces acidity and prevents kidney stones and cardiovascular diseases.
Good For Eyes
Since raisins are rich in polyphenolic phytonutrients, they keep your eye sight strong and prevent macular degeneration. Raisins are considered as one of the best foods for eyes.
The Oleanolic acid present in raisins prevents your teeth from decay and cavities. The calcium in it also prevents the teeth from breaking.
Buy Best Health Insurance Plans
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro Officially Launched With Kirin 980 SoC
- The Beachside Town Of Vatakara In Kerala And Its Beautiful Attractions
- Malnutrition In Children And Adults: Causes, Effects And Prevention
- Smita Patil's 65th Birth Anniversary: The Cinema Goddess Who Dazzled Like No Other!
- Isuzu MU-X Facelift Launched In India; Prices Start Rs 26.26 Lakh
- Sindhu Makes Shocking First Round Exit From Denmark Open; Saina Through
- BARC Recruitment 2018: Join Diploma In Radiological Physics And Become A Medical Physicist