- 4 hrs ago Shraddha Kapoor Gives Us A Slay-Worthy Moment With Her Chic Dress For Saaho Promotions
- 4 hrs ago Karisma Kapoor Notches Up Her Glamorous Molten Golden Gown With Sassy Jewellery
- 4 hrs ago Krishna Janmashtami 2019: Why Safety Should Come First In Dahi Handi Celebration?
- 5 hrs ago How You Can Bring Back The Spark In Your Sex Life
- Movies Exclusive: These Rare Photos Of Prabhas, Chiranjeevi And Ram Charan Are Too Good To Be Missed
- News Delhi: Yamuna crosses danger level, people who reside close to river banks evacuate
- Sports KPL 2019: Ballari Tuskers cruise to 7-wicket victory over Bijapur Bulls
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Announces New 5 Year/ 1 Lakh Kilometer Warranty On Select Diesel Models
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Band 5 Is On Tow, Reveals Huami CEO
- Education SSC CGL Result 2018 Tier-1 Likely To Be Declared Soon
- Finance What Have We Learned About Home Insurance From Recent Floods?
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
There goes a saying, “Let thy food be thy medicine”, which means if you have the right food, you do not need any medicine. Your food becomes your best medicine. The body can heal itself if it gets the right nutrition. Wheat grass is one such ingredient with amazing healing properties.
Wheat grass is also known as couch grass, dog grass or quack grass. It is a rich source of vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin E, iron, calcium, magnesium and amino acids. It has many healing and therapeutic properties and is called nature's finest medicine.
It has awesome antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It is rich in chlorophyll and its unique natural curative properties help in killing bacterial infections in the body.
It is also used for removing deposits of drugs, heavy metals, and cancer-causing agents from the body. It also removes toxins from the liver and blood. Wheat grass can be consumed in its natural form or as juice or dry powder. Here are some of the valuable health benefits of wheat grass.
Consumption of wheat grass on a daily basis can act as a blood cleanser. This can help in increasing the count of red blood cells and dilate the blood pathways. Hence, blood pressure can be maintained at normal levels.
Wheat grass can effectively stimulate the endocrine system and thyroid glands. This helps to combat obesity. It is a very good medicine for both weight loss and weight gain.
Hemoglobin is an important component of the blood that can be increased with the consumption of wheat grass. This can help in improving blood sugar levels and keep you away from diabetes.
Wheat grass is also used to treat various disorders of the urinary tract such as infection of the bladder, urethra, prostate and kidney stones. Flow of urine can be regulated by consuming wheat grass.
Wheat grass produces enzymes and amino acids that give protection against carcinogens. It is a very good blood purifier and can strengthen the cells in the body.
Continuous use of wheat grass can help women to conceive easily. This is one of the best health benefits of wheat grass.
Wheat grass juice is an excellent remedy for skin problems such as psoriasis and eczema. Wheat grass juice acts as a good skin cleanser. A face pack prepared with wheat grass, milk and pinch of turmeric is very powerful in reducing acne, tan, black heads, white heads, scars and burns.
Gargling with wheat grass immediately relieves you from sore throat.
Wheat grass juice improves digestion drastically. This is one of the best health benefits of wheat grass.
Mix equal quantities of strained wheat grass juice and pure water and apply over your eyes to cure minor irritations.
Hair And Scalp Problems
Wheat grass juice prevents greying of hair. Massaging the juice on the scalp on a regular basis and rinsing off avoids occurrence of dandruff.
Pyorrhea And Oral problems
Applying wheat grass juice on infected areas in the mouth treats mouth ulcers. Chewing of wheat grass and spitting out the pulp is an awesome treatment for pyorrhea. Tooth decay can also be avoided with wheat grass juice.