- 4 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 07 December 2019
- 13 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan's Diet Revealed By Her Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar
- 14 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan Looks So Perfect In Her Stylish Black Attire At The HT Leadership Summit!
- 15 hrs ago Lakshmi Manchu's Sari Is The Vibrant Wedding Wear You Need For Your Friend's Wedding
- Movies Bigg Boss 13: Govinda’s Daughter Tina Supports Aarti Singh; Says She's Strong-headed And Friendly
- News Jobs in Rajasthan: RSMSSB Patwari Notification releases 4,207 vacancies
- Sports La Liga joint leaders Barcelona and Real Madrid back in action
- Technology Redmi K30 5G To Feature 64MP Sony IMX686 Sensor
- Finance 3 Beaten Down Shares That Can Yield Good Returns
- Automobiles KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
There goes a saying, “Let thy food be thy medicine”, which means if you have the right food, you do not need any medicine. Your food becomes your best medicine. The body can heal itself if it gets the right nutrition. Wheat grass is one such ingredient with amazing healing properties.
Wheat grass is also known as couch grass, dog grass or quack grass. It is a rich source of vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin E, iron, calcium, magnesium and amino acids. It has many healing and therapeutic properties and is called nature's finest medicine.
It has awesome antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It is rich in chlorophyll and its unique natural curative properties help in killing bacterial infections in the body.
It is also used for removing deposits of drugs, heavy metals, and cancer-causing agents from the body. It also removes toxins from the liver and blood. Wheat grass can be consumed in its natural form or as juice or dry powder. Here are some of the valuable health benefits of wheat grass.
Consumption of wheat grass on a daily basis can act as a blood cleanser. This can help in increasing the count of red blood cells and dilate the blood pathways. Hence, blood pressure can be maintained at normal levels.
Wheat grass can effectively stimulate the endocrine system and thyroid glands. This helps to combat obesity. It is a very good medicine for both weight loss and weight gain.
Hemoglobin is an important component of the blood that can be increased with the consumption of wheat grass. This can help in improving blood sugar levels and keep you away from diabetes.
Wheat grass is also used to treat various disorders of the urinary tract such as infection of the bladder, urethra, prostate and kidney stones. Flow of urine can be regulated by consuming wheat grass.
Wheat grass produces enzymes and amino acids that give protection against carcinogens. It is a very good blood purifier and can strengthen the cells in the body.
Continuous use of wheat grass can help women to conceive easily. This is one of the best health benefits of wheat grass.
Wheat grass juice is an excellent remedy for skin problems such as psoriasis and eczema. Wheat grass juice acts as a good skin cleanser. A face pack prepared with wheat grass, milk and pinch of turmeric is very powerful in reducing acne, tan, black heads, white heads, scars and burns.
Gargling with wheat grass immediately relieves you from sore throat.
Wheat grass juice improves digestion drastically. This is one of the best health benefits of wheat grass.
Mix equal quantities of strained wheat grass juice and pure water and apply over your eyes to cure minor irritations.
Hair And Scalp Problems
Wheat grass juice prevents greying of hair. Massaging the juice on the scalp on a regular basis and rinsing off avoids occurrence of dandruff.
Pyorrhea And Oral problems
Applying wheat grass juice on infected areas in the mouth treats mouth ulcers. Chewing of wheat grass and spitting out the pulp is an awesome treatment for pyorrhea. Tooth decay can also be avoided with wheat grass juice.