- 1 hr ago 30 Awesome Beach Outfits For Women With Special Suggestions From Our Side To Help You Ace Your Look
- 4 hrs ago Vidya Balan Or Fatima Sana Shaikh Or Mithila Palkar, Whose Saree Look You Liked The Most?
- 4 hrs ago Shaving With Acne: The Right Way To Do It And Some Useful Tips
- 5 hrs ago On Sridevi’s Birth Anniversary, Her 5 Absolutely Beautiful Ethnic Looks That Stole Our Heart
- News Congress' Sonia, Rahul Gandhi seek withdrawal of EIA 2020
- Automobiles Yamaha XT 500 H2O Concept Motorcycle Revealed: Powered By Water!
- Movies Ram Gopal Varma Chooses Goa Over Hyderabad To Shoot His Next Dangerous?
- Sports MS Dhoni undergoes Covid 19 test ahead of IPL 2020, set to leave to Chennai on Friday
- Finance Eicher Motors Company Acquires Bus Division Of Volvo Bus For Rs. 100 Crore
- Technology Apple iPhone 12 Series Launch Pushed To October; Apple Watch, iPad Likely To Debut In September
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In West Bengal In August
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Hibiscus is a commonly seen flower in many places across India. Commonly known as the red flower, hibiscus flowers are easy to plant and grow in any climate. There are many hibiscus flowers of different colours like red or pink. However, red hibiscus flowers have been popularised as a healthy flower and is also used as a medicine in many Ayurvedic treatments.
You can plant hibiscus in your garden. They need less maintenance and are useful too. Hibiscus flowers are commonly used to treat hair fall problems. However, hibiscus has many health and medicinal benefits too. Hibiscus tea for example is a healthy herbal tea. Even if it is not consumed as tea, hibiscus has many health benefits that can be utilised. Check out...
Health benefits of hibiscus:
- Hibiscus tea is a natural cure for cold, cough, flu and fever. Drink a glass of this herbal tea to get rid of common flu and fever.
- Hibiscus reduces hot flashes in the body. Women can enjoy this health benefit of hibiscus flowers after menopause. Hibiscus has soothing effects that cools the body down and reduces hot flashes.
- One of the major health benefits of hibiscus is, it is rich in antioxidants. Hibiscus if boiled with hot water or made into herbal tea can reduce high blood pressure and bad cholesterol levels.
- Hibiscus is a natural energy booster. The red flowers are a rich source of vitamin C that boosts up body's energy and metabolism.
- The antioxidants found in hibiscus has been compared with red wine. A study by scientists at Chung Shan Medical University in Taiwan found out that the presence of antioxidants can reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the body.
- Hibiscus is a natural cure for hypertension. It reduces high blood pressure which automatically brings down stress and hypertension.
- Hibiscus flowers are nutritious as they are a rich source of vitamin C, minerals and antioxidants. These nutrients protect the respiratory tract from infections. Even sore throat problems and cough can be cured by drinking this herbal tea.
- Hibiscus flowers have hair benefits too. If boiled in water and then applied on hair, it helps treat hair fall. This is an Ayurvedic cure for hair fall that has been used since ages.
- The red hibiscus flowers have skin benefits at the same time. It is often used as a natural cure for acne. If you want to fight acne, soak the hibiscus flowers in water for a few hours and then grind them into a paste. Mix with honey and apply on the acne skin.
These are few health benefits of hibiscus. Plant these bright coloured flower plants in your garden to enjoy their aesthetic as well as health benefits.