- 7 hrs ago Health And Wellness Tips For College Students
- 8 hrs ago This Wedding Season, Make Your Cocktail Evening Special With These Brand New Outfit Ideas
- 10 hrs ago Karwa Chauth 2019: 5 Alluring Make-up Looks From The Bollywood Divas For This Karwa Chauth
- 10 hrs ago Teratoma: Types, Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Diwali Sale Offers: Honor Smartphones On Discount
- News Bank jobs for 10th pass:115 Indian Bank peon vacancies announced; Peon jobs apply online link here
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 7 Updates Day 1: Bhoomi Shetty Becomes The First Captain Of This Season!
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019, Eliminator 2: Raiders power U Mumba past Haryana Steelers
- Automobiles Ratan Tata Invests In Electric Two Wheeler Start Up Tork Motors
- Education Who Is Abhijit Banerjee? 10 Facts About Indian-origin Economist Who Has Won Nobel Prize
- Finance CPI: Retail Inflation Rises To 3.99% In September
- Travel Top 10 Indian Cities For Food Lovers
Hibiscus is a commonly seen flower in many places across India. Commonly known as the red flower, hibiscus flowers are easy to plant and grow in any climate. There are many hibiscus flowers of different colours like red or pink. However, red hibiscus flowers have been popularised as a healthy flower and is also used as a medicine in many Ayurvedic treatments.
You can plant hibiscus in your garden. They need less maintenance and are useful too. Hibiscus flowers are commonly used to treat hair fall problems. However, hibiscus has many health and medicinal benefits too. Hibiscus tea for example is a healthy herbal tea. Even if it is not consumed as tea, hibiscus has many health benefits that can be utilised. Check out...
Health benefits of hibiscus:
- Hibiscus tea is a natural cure for cold, cough, flu and fever. Drink a glass of this herbal tea to get rid of common flu and fever.
- Hibiscus reduces hot flashes in the body. Women can enjoy this health benefit of hibiscus flowers after menopause. Hibiscus has soothing effects that cools the body down and reduces hot flashes.
- One of the major health benefits of hibiscus is, it is rich in antioxidants. Hibiscus if boiled with hot water or made into herbal tea can reduce high blood pressure and bad cholesterol levels.
- Hibiscus is a natural energy booster. The red flowers are a rich source of vitamin C that boosts up body's energy and metabolism.
- The antioxidants found in hibiscus has been compared with red wine. A study by scientists at Chung Shan Medical University in Taiwan found out that the presence of antioxidants can reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the body.
- Hibiscus is a natural cure for hypertension. It reduces high blood pressure which automatically brings down stress and hypertension.
- Hibiscus flowers are nutritious as they are a rich source of vitamin C, minerals and antioxidants. These nutrients protect the respiratory tract from infections. Even sore throat problems and cough can be cured by drinking this herbal tea.
- Hibiscus flowers have hair benefits too. If boiled in water and then applied on hair, it helps treat hair fall. This is an Ayurvedic cure for hair fall that has been used since ages.
- The red hibiscus flowers have skin benefits at the same time. It is often used as a natural cure for acne. If you want to fight acne, soak the hibiscus flowers in water for a few hours and then grind them into a paste. Mix with honey and apply on the acne skin.
These are few health benefits of hibiscus. Plant these bright coloured flower plants in your garden to enjoy their aesthetic as well as health benefits.