- 32 min ago NTAGI Recommends Vaccination Against Cervical Cancer And Typhoid: Sources
- 45 min ago World Tourism Day 2022: Date, Theme, Benefits, History, And Significance
- 2 hrs ago Rashmika Mandanna Is Grace Personified In A Saree, Check Out Latest Pictures!
- 7 hrs ago Retrograde Saturn Transit In Capricorn On 12 July 2022: Impact On Zodiac Signs And Remedies
- Movies Johnny Depp's Rep Denies Reports Of Him Returning As Jack Sparrow, Actor Spotted In Paris In A New Look
- News PSEB Class 12 results: Live link activated
- Technology Pokemon Go Developer Working On Real-World Metaverse NBA Mobile Game
- Sports Malaysia Open: PV Sindhu progresses, Saina Nehwal bows out in the first round
- Education NEET 2022: Exam City Intimation Slip Released By NTA At neet.nta.nic.in, Admit Card To Release Soon
- Finance 2 Latest Dividend Announcements That You Should Take Note Of
- Automobiles Ather Energy May Soon Launch The Long-Range Version Of 450X Electric Scooter
- Travel Savandurga Hill In Monsoon - Hiking and Climbing
India-US collaboration in the health sector is in the spotlight as the Central Drug Authority this week approved two more Covid vaccines Corbevax and Covovax and antiviral drug Molnupiravir for use in India.
Taranjit Singh Sandhu, India's Ambassador to the US, in a tweet described it as a model of India-US healthcare collaboration. "Models of what India-United States healthcare collaboration can achieve for global good!" Sandhu said.
Indian companies working with Texas Children's, Baylor College of Medicine's National School of Tropical Medicine; Dr Peter Hotez, Prof and Dean of the National School of Tropical Medicine at Baylor and Co-Director of the Texas Children's Hospital Center for Vaccine Development; NovaVax; Merck and Ridgeback Bio, tweeted the Indian diplomat.
During his visit to Houston in October, Sandhu had met Professor Hotez and held discussions on this issue. During his visit to Houston in October, Sandhu had met Professor Hotez and held discussions on this issue.
In June this year, the ambassador visited the Novavax facility in Maryland. He also spoke to the CEO of Sanisure Thomas Hook. Sanisure supplies components for the SII - Novavax collaboration.
These have been part of a continuous outreach that the ambassador had with vaccine manufacturers and pharma companies. Corbevax, a protein sub-unit COVID-19 vaccine, whose technology was created and engineered in collaboration with Texas Children's Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine has received Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) approval from the Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI).
The vaccine is being launched in India with other underserved countries to follow, Texas Children's Hospital said in a statement. "This announcement is an important first step in vaccinating the world and halting the pandemic. Our vaccine technology offers a path to address an unfolding humanitarian crisis, namely the vulnerability the low- and middle-income countries face against the delta variant, Hotez said.
"Widespread and global vaccination with our Texas Children's-Baylor-BE vaccine would also forestall the emergence of new variants. We have previously missed that opportunity for the alpha and delta variants. Now is our chance to prevent a new global wave from what might follow, he said.
Dubbed the world's COVID-19 vaccine, it uses a traditional recombinant protein-based technology that will enable its production at large scales making it widely accessible to inoculate the global population, the statement said.
Corbevax after completing two Phase III clinical trials involving more than 3,000 subjects was found to be safe, well-tolerated and immunogenic.
It demonstrated superior immune response in comparison with the Covishield vaccine when assessed for Neutralising Antibody (nAb) Geometric Mean Titers (GMT) against the Ancestral-Wuhan strain and the globally dominant Delta variant.
Corbevax vaccination also generated a significant Th1 skewed cellular immune response.
- wellnessNTAGI To Review Covaxin Corbevax Data For 6-12 Years Thursday, Discuss Reducing Booster Dose Gap
- wellnessBiological E Ltd Reduces Price Of Its Covid-19 Vaccine Corbevax To Rs 250 Per Dose
- kidsCovid-19 Vaccines For Kids: DCGI Grants Emergency Use Nod To 3 Vaccines For Different Age Group Of Children
- kidsCOVID-19 Vaccine: Government Panel Recommends EUA For Corbevax For Kids Between 5-11 Years Age Groups
- wellnessCOVID-19: DGCI Grants Restricted Emergency-Use Nod To Corbevax Vaccine For 12-18 Age Group
- wellnessCorbevax: What Do We Know About Biological E's New COVID-19 Vaccine?
- healthPanel Recommends EUA For Covid-19 Vaccines Covovax, Corbevax And Anti-Covid Pill Molnupiravir
- healthBiological E Hopes To Roll Out COVID-19 Vaccine Corbevax By November-End
- wellnessGovt Panel Recommends Emergency Approval For SII's Covovax For 7-11 Year Olds
- kidsDCGI Panel To Review On Friday SII Applications For Covovax’s Use Among Kids Aged 2-7 Yrs, 7-11 Yrs
- basicsNovavax's Covid-19 Vaccine Covovax Gets Emergency Use Authorisation For 12-17 Age Group In India
- kidsSerum Institute Seeks Covovax's Inclusion In Covid Vaccination Drive For 12 Years And Over