- 4 min ago COVID-19 Treatment: Govt Issues Revised Guidelines On Use Of Drugs, Therapies
- 1 hr ago Easy Breakfast Recipe: How To Make Eggless Banana Pancakes
- 15 hrs ago Easy Breakfast Recipe: How To Make Oats Upma
- 18 hrs ago Amazon Republic Day Sale Is Here! Up To 70% Off On Handbags, Backpacks, Clutches & More
- News Goa Assembly Polls: PM Modi to chair meeting today to finalise BJP candidates
- Movies Dhanush Recalls Being Mocked For His Appearance During Early Days; 'I Am Very Proud Of The Way I Handled It'
- Technology Moto G71 Vs Moto G51: Which One’s Better And Why?
- Sports AFCON: Four-time champions Ghana knocked out; Gabon and Morocco through
- Finance What To Do If Your Health Insurance Claim Get Rejected?
- Automobiles Toyota Hilux Official Teaser Out Now: Launch On Jan 20
- Education JPSC Admit Card 2021 For Combined Civil Services Mains Exam Released At jpsc.gov.in
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Karnataka In Winter Of 2022
Having had breast cancer in 2018, singer Fanny Leeb decided to support research on the disease, which affects 1 in 8 women, by offering BIG against breast cancer one of her original compositions "Show them how it goes".
The 'One note, one donation' campaign was launched internationally on 7 September and is open to everyone. The aim is to get a donation for each note of this song entitled "Show them how it goes", made up of 4860 notes.
Fanny lives in Montreux and was virtually brought up on Jazz. Today, she asserts her voice and her talent, declaring that she makes "Pop music, and goes by instinct in her compositions". She confides that the song dedicated to BIG is "a song that has a melancholic side, but which also has something very positive at the same time. My goal is to give hope, to give smiles to all these women fighting like warriors on their path towards healing".
Each note will be revealed against a donation of €11* (tax-deductible from €40 - 60% deduction). The song will be revealed note by note to donors as it goes along. If they wish, donors will have their name mentioned in the music video produced for the occasion.
This initiative will help support a number of different BIG research projects, such as the BIG time for baby / POSITIVE study (or a baby after breast cancer), BIG Radio-tuning / EXPERT (or how to avoid radiotherapy), or the Metastatic breast cancer GPS / AURORA (or how to map metastatic breast cancer).
The Breast International Group (BIG), set up by Dr Martine Piccart, is the largest global network of breast cancer research groups. Its main mission is to facilitate and accelerate research in order to improve treatments and patient quality of life.
BIG against breast cancer was set up to raise funds to support research and academic studies initiated by BIG.
The song dedicated to BIG is "a song that has a melancholic side, but which also has something very positive at the same time. My goal is to give hope, to give smiles to all these women fighting like warriors on their path towards healing", said Fanny Leeb.
"In the current health context, we had to reinvent ourselves and find innovative and original ideas to raise funds to support these promising studies," explained Martine Piccart, president of BIG against breast cancer.
Inspired by a campaign by Kylie Minogue, BIG was able to undertake this initiative thanks to the generosity and commitment of Fanny Leeb.
The campaign will be launched through Facebook and Instagram, find it via #1note1Donation, and via this link. As the campaign goes on, there will be interviews with Fanny Leeb, recording excerpts, and the first notes of this song.
Besides social networks, the campaign will also be featured in the media as well as internationally through BIG member groups.
- womenALSO READ: Celebrating Girls For Life: Campaign For International Day of the Girl Child On October 11
- kidsChildren Exercised Less During COVID Lockdown – 4 Tips To get Them Moving Again
- disorders cureWhat Is Aseptic Abscess Syndrome? The Case Of 21-Yr-Old Woman Treated At Hyderabad Hospital
- healthWhat Is Ventricular Fibrillation? Doctors Save BESCOM Worker From Death By Electrocution
- offer of the daySale: Get Huge Discounts On Top Brands Of Body Massagers
- healthSame COVID Vaccine Given As First 2 Doses To Be Administered As Precaution Dose: Government
- healthComputer Model Predicts Omicron May Evolve To Increase Transmission, Immune Escape
- healthWorld’s Most Advanced Artificial Heart To Be Developed By IIT Kanpur With Hridyantra
- wellnessAmazing Health Benefits Of Black Garlic: Good For The Heart, Digestive Health And Immunity
- healthOmicron Likely To Be Dominant Strain Globally In 2022: Singapore Experts
- healthCOVID-19: Urvashi Rautela Launches India's First Saliva-Based COVID Home Test Kit - Angcard
- horoscopeYearly Health Horoscope 2022: Astrological Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- wellnessWorld AIDS Day 2021: How To Take Care Of HIV Positive Family Member Or If You Are An HIV Patient