- 1 hr ago Weekly Horoscope, 27 November To 03 December 2022, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs
- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 27 November 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 13 hrs ago Sapta Moksha Puri: The 7 Holy Cities To Visit For Final Liberation
- 14 hrs ago You Might Live Longer If You Have A Sense Of Purpose, Study
- Technology OnePlus 11 Color Variants Tipped Ahead of Launch; Premium Phones In Offing?
- Sports T10 League 2022: Alex Hales and Chris Lynn lift Team Abu Dhabi past Northern Warriors through a stubborn stand
- Finance Stock Split Of Nov 2022: Multibagger Small Cap Stock Approves Stock Split
- News ‘800 officers found nothing’, Sisodia slams Centre as CBI, ED gives clean chit in Delhi excise case
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 6: Kamal Haasan Slams Contestants For Playing ‘Safe Game’
- Automobiles Force Urbania Bookings Open – Limited Dealers Authorised To Accept Bookings
- Travel Roraima Tepui Trek - Wild, Offbeat and Trail-worthy
- Education BPSC 67th Mains Exam 2022: Exam Schedule Announced At bpsc.bih.nic.in, Check Application Fee & Schedule Here
The Centre has written to states and UTs emphasising on acceleration of prevention and control activities for vector-borne diseases such as dengue, without cutting any corners for safety from Covid-19.
In a letter to chief secretaries and administrators of all states and UTs, Union Health Secretary Rajesh Bhushan said entomological surveillance, source reduction activities and prompt vector control measures must be implemented to minimising the risk of transmission. He also underlined the need for keeping rapid response teams ready with all necessary logistics for timely deployment to combat any fever outbreak.
Bhushan said a surge has been reported in the number of cases of vector-borne diseases (VBDs) such as dengue in some pockets in a few states in recent weeks.
The spread and transmission of these diseases are influenced by environmental factors, and their transmission is maximum during the monsoon and post-monsoon periods due to the congenial environment for vector proliferation.
- disorders-cureDengue 101: Types, Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Treatments, Vaccines And Prevention
Therefore, it is imperative that sustained efforts are made to reduce the vector (mosquito) density to control these diseases.
"In view of this, I would like to emphasize on the acceleration of the activities for prevention and control of VBDs without cutting any corners for safety on Covid-19," Bhushan said in the letter on September 10.
Entomological surveillance, source reduction activities and prompt vector control measures must be implemented for minimising the risk of transmission, the letter stated.
To enable monitoring of disease trends, Bhushan urged the states to ensure that all the reporting sites submit their reports without delay.
The Rapid Response Teams should be kept ready with all necessary logistics for timely deployment to combat any fever outbreak, it said.
All hospitals must be alerted for preparing contingency plans, ensure the availability of necessary diagnostics, drugs and other supplies for treatment or management of VBD cases.
In addition, availability of insecticides and equipment should be ensured at all levels to undertake vector and source control activities, wherever necessary, through the focal insecticidal spray and fogging etc, the letter said.
Sufficient resources are already provided under the National Health Mission for undertaking these activities.
Stating that a multi-sectoral approach is necessary for controlling the VBDs, Bhushan said the role of departments such as Urban and Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Departments is crucial.
It is requested that joint reviews may be held with the officials of these departments to ensure their active involvement in vector control activities in a concerted way. The community too must be sensitised for participation in vector control and adopt personal protection measures".
"The status and readiness for undertaking all of the above measures may personally be reviewed at your level to facilitate preventive measures, detect any potential outbreaks, for undertaking prompt and effective measures for transmission control and for providing comprehensive treatment to minimize morbidity and mortality on account of vector-borne diseases," the letter said.
- disorders cureDengue Menace In India: What To Do To Manage Mild Symptoms At Home
- disorders cureCOVID-19 And Dengue Symptoms: Similarities And Differences
- kidsDengue In Children: 8 Serious Symptoms Parents Should Know
- wellnessMCD, Jamia Hold Event To Raise Awareness About Controlling Dengue, Other Vector-Borne Diseases
- wellnessLaunch Of The Global Arbovirus Initiative By The WHO
- healthDelhi: Dengue Case Tally Past 8,200 With Over 6,700 In Nov Alone
- healthFirst Death Reported In Delhi Due To Dengue This Year: Civic Body
- disorders cureDengue 101: Types, Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Treatments, Vaccines And Prevention
- disorders cureEverything You Need To Know About Fever, Dengue Fever, Ebola, Chikungunya And Typhoid Fever
- wellnessAre Neem Leaves An Effective Remedy To Treat Dengue Fever?
- disorders cureDengue In Times Of Corona - A Double Whammy!
- wellness22 Incredible Health Benefits Of Papaya Leaves