- 4 hrs ago People With Lung Cancer Have A High Risk Of Depression
- 4 hrs ago Pati Patni Aur Woh Actress Bhumi Pednekar Raises Mercury Levels With Her Eclectic Fashion!
- 5 hrs ago Gita Jayanti 2019: Know The History, Date And Significance Of This Day
- 6 hrs ago Nushrat Bharucha, Rajkummar Rao, And Ranveer Singh Perfectly Present Small-Town Casual Fashion
- Technology Police Seizes Over 2000 Fake Xiaomi Products In New Delhi
- Movies Prithviraj To Take A Break From Cinema!
- Sports ATK reclaim top spot in Indian Super League
- News Pakistan: Blast in Lahore, 6 injured, 1 killed
- Automobiles KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) is a condition that affects a woman's hormone levels. The hormonal imbalance leads to the production of higher than normal amounts of male hormone which causes hair growth on the face and body, baldness, delay in periods and long-term health problems like heart disease and diabetes.
PCOS affects a woman between the age of 15 to 44 and between 2.2% and 26.7% of women in this age group have PCOS, according to a study  . Different studies in India on PCOS have reported a prevalence of 3.7% to 22.5% and even up to 36% in adolescents  .
PCOS has become so common that Bollywood celebrities like Sara Ali Khan and Sonam Kapoor have openly spoken about their struggles of living with PCOS. Even television actors like Divyanka Tripathi and Vidya Malvade are supporting the cause and spreading awareness about the condition.
View this post on Instagram
Troubled with #PCOS? Then share your story of fighting it with the world! This is so important and it is high time someone spoke about it! I often see people turning a blind eye to certain issues related to women’s health and for some reason- see it as a taboo! 1 out of every 4 women has PCOS which can make her feel low and underconfident! Most importantly, families or colleagues do not understand their woes completely due to unawareness. But we can do something about it. . I urge you to join #MyPCOSStory - a movement to spread awareness about PCOS so women who are suffering from it know that they are not alone! . Also, thanks Oziva @ozivanutrition for taking this initiative! . I nominate @priyanka_sameer_tiwari, @riyadahiya_ and you all to take part! . Rules to participate- ✔️Post a Picture with a blindfold around your eyes ✔️In the caption share your/your friend’s PCOS Story ✔️Nominate 3 of your friends ✔️Tag @ozivanutrition and #MyPCOSStory . #PCOS #awareness #womenshealth #oziva
A post shared by Divyanka Tripathi Dahiya (@divyankatripathidahiya) on
The month of September is observed as PCOS Awareness Month, and Oziva, India's first clean-label active nutrition brand recently launched a #MyPCOSStory Campaign.
To support the campaign, Divyanka shared a video on Instagram on how most women are unaware of the PCOS disorder.
-  March, W. A., Moore, V. M., Willson, K. J., Phillips, D. I., Norman, R. J., & Davies, M. J. (2009). The prevalence of polycystic ovary syndrome in a community sample assessed under contrasting diagnostic criteria.Human reproduction,25(2), 544-551.
-  Singh, A., Vijaya, K., & Sai Laxmi, K. (2018).Prevalence of polycystic ovarian syndrome among adolescent girls: a prospective study. International Journal of Reproduction, Contraception, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 7(11), 4375.