- 1 hr ago Daily Horoscope, 15 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 2 hrs ago Don’t Break Your Fitness Regimen This Independence Day: Try This Healthy Tricolour Sandwich
- 14 hrs ago Who Was Rakesh Jhunjhunwala? Facts About 'India's Warren Buffett'
- 17 hrs ago What Causes Children To Become Narcissists: 4 Types Of Narcissism In Children, And The Influence Of Parents
- Movies Laal Singh Chaddha Day 4 Box Office Collection: Aamir Khan's Film Has A Sluggish Weekend
- Technology Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: Galaxy Z Fold 4, Xiaomi Mix Fold 2, Redmi Note 11, Z Flip 4, And More
- Sports Maharaja Trophy: Abhinav Manohar’s heroics leads Mangalore United to thrilling win against Gulbarga Mystics
- News No "hello", instead use 'Vande Mataram' when answering calls: Maha minister to govt officials
- Finance Rakesh Jhunjhunwala Passes Away At 62: 5 Facts About The Ace Investor
- Travel Wettest Places in The World: List of Rainiest Places on Earth
- Education Top 10 ideas to celebrate the Independence Day 2022
- Automobiles Honda CB300F First Ride Review - Aggressive Fighter Neutered By Head Scratching Price Tag
With the threat of the COVID-19 pandemic continuing to loom over the world, the Ministry of Ayush has come out with a comprehensive document putting forth the concept of 'holistic health'. The recommendations for the public to ensure 'holistic health and well-being' focus on preventive measures and care during COVID-19 and Long COVID-19, the ministry said in a statement.
"COVID-19 is an evolving disease, characterised by the development of sequelae to the primary disease known as a post-Covid syndrome and long COVID-19. It has been observed that patients recovering from SARS-CoV-2 suffer from persistent and often, debilitating symptoms extending several months past their initial diagnosis," a ministry official said.
The document puts forth the concept of holistic health which emphasises on self-care of individuals by addressing various dimensions of life and health. These recommendations have been formulated stressing the need for a healthy lifestyle with Ayush preventive measures and care in respect of COVID-19 and Long COVID-19, the statement said.
General preventive measures and methods for promoting systemic immunity, ways to promote local mucosal immunity along with other preventive courses such as fumigation (Dhupana) have been recommended by the ministry.
Pictographic presentation of Ayush practices and local/mucosal immune responses, the relationship between good and weak digestive fire (Agni), nutrition, immunity, and infection, and categorical administration of diet in respect of strength of appetite (Agni) have also been incorporated in these recommendations for maximum understanding and outreach to the general public, the statement said.
Recommendations related to mental health and measures to increase mental strength (Satvabala) are also part of the document which were not in the previous guidelines or advisories issued by the Ministry of Ayush.
Recipes of easily digestible food (laghu ahara) such as moong dal (green gram) khichdi and mudga yusha (moong dal soup) have been carefully chosen and included in the recommendations.
The document has illustrations of Yoga asanas that one can practice during COVID-19 along with its photographs for easy understanding, the statement said.
The recommendations are a supplement to the COVID-19 appropriate behaviour and precautionary measures and should not be taken as a substitute. Use of mask, hand sanitization, physical and social distancing, vaccination to break the chain, healthy nutritious diet, improving immunity, and all other general healthcare measures are advised as per the guidelines issued by health authorities from time to time
"All the standing instructions issued by various health authorities (Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, World Health Organisation, and various state and local health authorities) are to be adhered to completely and Ayush guidelines may stand as an "add on" to the current line of management of Covid and post or long Covid," the document said.
The medicines recommended here are based on the Essential Drugs List, Standard Treatment Guidelines, Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India, Ministry of Ayush, along with considerations from other recommendations issued by health authorities across India, it added.
The pandemic is an unprecedented health challenge affecting human existence across the globe. According to the World Health Organisation, SARS-CoV2 has globally infected over 271 million individuals to date and has been directly attributed to over 5.3 million deaths. In India, 34.7 million cases have emerged to date, while there have been 4.76 lakh deaths so far. As many as 1.34 billion vaccination doses have been administered in the country.
- wellnessCOVID In Smokers: An Expert Explains
- disorders cureWhat Is ‘Centaurus,’ New Fast-Spreading Covid Variant: Everything You Need To Know
- health75 Years Of Independence, 75 Days Of Free COVID Booster Shots; For Everyone Aged 18-59 From 15 July
- wellnessWhat Are The Health Risks Of Getting COVID The Second Or Third Time? 7 Important Points
- wellnessIncrease In Vaccination Reduced Covid-19 Fatalities In TN: Health Minister
- wellnessBA.2.38 Has Not Led To Any Increase In Hospitalisation, Disease Severity: INSACOG Reports
- wellness579 Fresh Covid Cases, Positivity Rate Declines To 3.46% In Delhi
- wellnessGap Between Second And Precaution Dose Of Covid-19 Vaccine Reduced To 6 Months
- wellnessNew N95 Face Mask That Can Kill Covid-19 Virus, Developed
- wellnessPossible Cause Of 'Brain Fog' Due To Long Covid Found By Scientists
- wellnessMajority Of Patients Who Have Recovered From Covid Experienced Stigma: Study