- 1 hr ago Daily Horoscope, 08 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 2 hrs ago Amazon Great Freedom Sale 2022: Bring Home Boho Home Furnishing Items And Save Up To 70%
- 9 hrs ago Dustin Hoffman Birthday Special Irresistibly Versatile Actor Turns 85
- 17 hrs ago It’s Raining Offers On Amazon: Bag 60% Off On Handbags Today!
- Sports CWG 2022: Indian women’s cricket team clinch silver in first-ever Games final as Aus bag gold with 9-run win
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 12 August 7 Highlights: Chetna Pande Gets Eliminated From The Show
- News BJP-JDU rift widens? Bihar CM Kumar calls meeting of party MLAs, MPs
- Education How Can MSc Business Analytics Boost Your Career Growth?
- Automobiles Royal Enfield Hunter 350 Launched At Rs 1,49,900 - The Lightest Enfield
- Travel Phang Nga Bay: James Bond Island
- Finance 'Cipla' Betting Big on Digitisation And Emerging Segments
- Technology Jio Games Watch Will Let You Earn Money While Gaming
Uterine Didelphys is a rare congenital disorder in which a female develops two uteruses instead of one. Every uterus begins with two small tubes known as the Mullerian ducts. They usually fuse together as they develop to form one uterus.
In rare cases, the tubes do not join completely and may turn into a separate uterus, leading to double didelphys.
According to a study, congenital uterine anomalies are found in 5.5 per cent of the general population and 8.0 per cent of infertile women. 
Take a look at the details.
Causes of Double Didelphys
The main cause of a didelphic uterus is the failure in the fusion of the Mullerian duct, probably during the eight weeks of pregnancy.  Medical experts are unsure why some foetuses develop a double uterus while others do not. As the double uterus is congenital, a genetic component could be a factor.
Symptoms Of Double Didelphys
Patients with double didelphys often do not experience symptoms, apart from certain complications that may occur later during the pregnancy. However, some women with the condition may experience cramping pain and unusual pressure in the stomach during their periods. Also, high amounts of bleeding could occur.
Twin Pregnancy In Double Didelphys
A study reports pregnant with twins, one foetus in each uterus, in double didelphys. Multiplanar ultrasonography revealed one complete cervix and one hypoplastic cervix. From the diagnostic reports, iit was unclear whether she would be able to deliver both twins vaginally. Her pregnancy was complicated due to foetal growth restriction. The patient had a scheduled caesarean section of the left twin at 25 weeks, while the second twin was delivered in a spontaneous vaginal delivery at 35 weeks. Both were healthy after the delivery. 
Complications Of Double Didelphys
Some of the complications of double didelphys may include: 
- Preterm labour
- Spontaneous miscarriage
- Problems related to kidneys.
- Intrauterine growth restrictions.
- Preterm rupture of membrane.
- Need for sudden C-section.
Diagnosis Of Double Didelphys
During a regular gynecological exam, a medical expert may detect a double cervix or a uterus that is not normal in shape. In the case of the detection of the condition, they may suggest some tests. The tests may also be recommended if you have had multiple miscarriages. 
Some of the diagnostic methods for double pregnancy may include:
- MRI: To get a detailed view of the uterus.
- Ultrasound: It is also carried out to get a clear view of the uterus.
- Sonohysterogram: To look for any abnormalities in the formation or structure of the uterus.
Treatments Of Double Didelphys
Surgery is the recommended treatment method for double didelphys, when needed, as not all women experience the symptoms. Women who have had cases of several miscarriages may need the treatment.
Experts suggest surgery mainly to sustain the pregnancy.
Double didelphys is not a life-threatening condition and women with the condition often have normal menstruation, pregnancies and deliveries. However, untreated conditions may increase abortion, ectopic pregnancy and preterm delivery rate. Maintain regular glynae checkups to avoid complications due to double uterus.
- disorders cureWhat Is Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding? Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors And Treatments
- wellnessIs It Safe To Get A Tattoo While On Periods?
- wellnessSpain Set To Become The First Western Nation To Provide Three Days Of Menstrual Leave In A Month
- wellnessAbout 50 Per Cent Of Women Aged 15-24 Years Still Use Cloth For Menstrual Protection: NFHS-5
- basicsExpert Article: Do You Have Endometriosis? Symptoms And Treatment
- wellnessStop The Flow: Managing Heavy Menses (Expert Article)
- diet fitnessInternational Women's Day: 7 Yoga Poses To Induce Periods Naturally
- basicsInternational Women's Day Special: 12 Possible Causes Of Premature Or Early Menopause
- womenJosh, Paint It Red & Mash Project Come Together To Empower The Girl Child With #50Daysofschool Campaign
- nutritionWhat Are The Amazing Health Benefits Of Coriander Seed?
- wellness14 Period Symptoms You Shouldn't Ignore: Signs You Should Visit A Doctor
- wellnessEvidence-Based Health Benefits Of Hibiscus Flower And Leaves