- 5 hrs ago 5 DIY Face Scrubs For The Radiant Glow
- 8 hrs ago Happy Durga Puja 2022: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Photos, Greetings & Whatsapp Status
- 9 hrs ago GQ Best Dressed Awards 2022: Nora Fatehi, Esha Gupta, Pooja Hegde & Others Dazzle At The Red Carpet
- 10 hrs ago Navratri 2022: Durga Ashtami Timings, Puja Rituals, Fasts And Legends
- News Kanpur accident: At least 22 killed as tractor carrying pilgrims overturns
- Finance Cryptocurrency Fails To Stabilize, Market-cap Slips 1.39%: Bitcoin Plunges To US$ 19,286
- Sports Premier League: Liverpool 3-3 Brighton and Hove Albion: Trossard hat-trick denies Reds in Anfield thriller
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 6 Elimination Week 4: Will It Be Arohi?
- Education IGNOU Exam Form 2022 Out for December Term End Examinations, Apply Now at ignou.ac.in
- Automobiles 2023 Tata Harrier Spotted Testing - Gets ADAS, New Design & More
- Technology Realme Smartphones Receiving Updates For Jio 5G Support
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
Lysosomal storage diseases are a group of 50 rare diseases that affect 1 in every 5,000 live births. These 50 rare diseases affect different parts of the body, including heart, skin, brain, skeleton, and central nervous system.
What Causes Lysosomal Storage Disease 
Lysosomal storage disease is an inherited disorder that occurs when there is a lack of specific enzymes that help break down fats and carbohydrates in the cells of the body. When there is an absence in these enzymes, the body is unable to break down the carbohydrates and fat, causing it to accumulate in the cell lysosomes where the enzymes are active. As a result, it disrupts the normal functioning of the body causing Lysosomal storage disease.
Some of the most common lysosomal storage disorders are Gaucher disease, Fabry disease, Hunter syndrome, Niemann-Pick disease, Tay-Sachs disease, and Glycogen storage disease II (Pompe disease)  .
Symptoms Of Lysosomal Storage Disease 
The symptoms vary depending on which enzyme is missing and these include the following:
- Pain, numbness or burning sensation in the hands and feet
- Body ache
- Swelling in the ankles, lower legs and feet
- Difficulty in breathing
- Red or purple skin sores
- Ringing in the ears and hearing loss
- Heart attack and stroke
- Joint pain
- Eye problems
- Enlarged spleen and liver
- Muscle weakness
- Difficulty in walking
- Muscle spasms
Diagnosis Of Lysosomal Storage Disease 
It might be difficult to diagnose this disease, because the symptoms differ in each type of Lysosomal storage disease. However, the doctor can do certain diagnostic tests, such as blood tests, MRI, and biopsy.
Treatment Of Lysosomal Storage Disease
There is no cure for this disease, however, some treatment options are available and these include the following:
- Enzyme replacement therapy - It involves intravenous infusions (IV) that replaces the missing enzyme through a vein  .
- Stem cell transplant - This treatment method is used to treat patients with lysosomal storage disease by providing a population of cells with the capacity to produce the missing enzymes  .
-  Fuller, M., Meikle, P. J., & Hopwood, J. J. (2006). Epidemiology of lysosomal storage diseases: an overview. InFabry disease: perspectives from 5 years of FOS. Oxford PharmaGenesis.
-  Mehta, A., Beck, M., & Sunder-Plassmann, G. (2006).Epidemiology of lysosomal storage diseases: an overview--Fabry Disease: Perspectives from 5 Years of FOS. Oxford PharmaGenesis.
-  Wenger, D. A., Coppola, S., & Liu, S. L. (2003). Insights into the diagnosis and treatment of lysosomal storage diseases.Archives of neurology,60(3), 322-328.
-  Lake, B. D., Young, E. P., & Winchester, B. G. (1998). Prenatal diagnosis of lysosomal storage diseases.Brain Pathology,8(1), 133-149.
-  Lachmann, R. H. (2011). Enzyme replacement therapy for lysosomal storage diseases.Current opinion in pediatrics,23(6), 588-593.
-  Malatack, J. J., Consolini, D. M., & Bayever, E. (2003). The status of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in lysosomal storage disease.Pediatric neurology,29(5), 391-403.
- wellnessGoosebumps: What Are They And Why You Get Them
- wellnessCan Washing Clothes Eliminate Monkeypox? Steps To Get Rid Of The Monkeypox Virus Through Laundry
- babyWhat Is Parechovirus? How To Know If Your Baby Has It? Signs, Symptoms, Causes And Treatment
- disorders cureWhat Is Marburg Virus Disease? Everything You Need To Know
- prenatalPregnancy Gingivitis: Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Treatments And Other Details
- disorders cureWhat To Know About Buruli Ulcer: Flesh-Eating Disease Spreading In Australia
- disorders cureTurner Syndrome: Causes, Symptoms, Complications And Treatments
- wellnessWhat Your Fingernails Say About Your Health
- wellnessCOVID-19: How Does Coronavirus Spread Quickly And Attack Human Cells Easily?
- wellness7 Common Summer Ailments And Ways To Prevent Them
- disorders cureWorld Malaria Day: 9 Malaria Complications You Need To Be Aware Of
- disorders cureNo Smoking Day 2022: List Of Diseases Caused By Smoking