I am sure, most of the time you must be getting annoyed when you start sneezing continuously and it doesn't seem to stop. It might be annoying, but it is actually a protective mechanism that helps expel allergens and irritants out of your body.
The act of sneezing is a reflex response when the nose protects you from external germs or any unwanted particles. Sneezing is a physiological process, which involves the movement of various muscles of the human body.
Some of the most common causes of sneezing are allergies, smoke, dust, wood dust, pollen and other such irritants. Also, cold weather, food allergies, certain drugs and rain water can also lead you to sneeze continuously.
Continuous sneezing can leave your nose feeling sore and irritated. Though it is not a serious problem, but continuous sneezing can be frustrating. Here are the simple top 11 home remedies for continuous sneezing.
Garlic is very good in fighting off the upper respiratory infection due to its natural antibiotic and antiviral properties. Garlic can be used externally or internally to get relief from continuous sneezing caused by a common cold infection.
- Crush five garlic cloves to make a fine paste and inhale its strong smell. It will help to clear the nasal passages, which could cause you to sneeze.
- You can also include garlic in your soups and salads.
Ginger is another spice that is very effective in curing continuous sneezing. It is one of the oldest home remedies and it is used for the treatment of different viral and nasal problems, including sneezing.
- Consume 3 tsp of ginger extract twice a day till the sneezing stops.
- Add a small piece of ginger into a cup of water and boil it. Add honey to it and drink it before going to bed.
3. Chamomile Tea
Chamomile tea is another effective home remedy for treating continuous sneezing. It is considered as one of the best home remedies that can stop you from sneezing continuously, which are caused by allergies. This tea has excellent antihistamine properties that can provide an instant relief.
- Add a tsp of dried chamomile flowers to 1 cup of boiling water. Add some honey to it and drink the tea.
- Drink it twice a day.
4. Fennel Tea
Fennel seeds have natural antibiotic and anti-viral properties that can fight off any upper respiratory infection. Fennel seeds work very good when had during a continuous bout of sneezing.
- Add 2 tsp of crushed fennel seeds to a cup of boiling water. Strain the liquid for 10-15 minutes.
- Drink 2 cups of this tea daily.
5. Tulsi Leaves
Tulsi is considered as a sacred plant and has been mentioned in ayurveda about its potential health benefits. Tulsi has powerful antibacterial properties that can fight off a range of dangerous infections.
- Add 3-4 tulsi leaves to a cup of boiling water. Consume this mixture daily before bedtime for 2-3 days.
6. Honey Lemon Tea
Honey has antibacterial properties that can fight off the bacteria in the nose. Lemon consists of vitamin C and the combination of honey and lemon will reduce continuous sneezing.
- Add honey and lemon juice into a tea cup. Add hot water and drink it.
7. Oregano Oil
Oregano oil has antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-parasitic and anti-inflammatory properties that fight off the viruses and bacteria, which can cause you to sneeze continuously. Oregano oil is also essential in strengthening the immune system.
- Mix three drops of oil with a juice of your choice.
- Drink it daily until your sneezing stops.
8. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds have antiviral properties that provide relief from continuous sneezing. It has a soothing effect on the mucous membranes that brings relief from irritation in the nose.
- Boil three tsp of fenugreek seeds. Drain the mixture and drink it 2-3 times in a day.
9. Vitamin C
Vitamin C is known to lower the production of histamine in the body and hence control continuous sneezing. Fruits that have vitamin C are oranges, lemon, grapefruit, etc., which contain powerful antioxidants that help stop sneezing.
10. Peppermint Oil
Peppermint oil is one of the most effective remedies for sneezing. It will help to get rid of the sneezing faster due to its antibacterial properties that can stop the growth of the virus causing it.
- Mix a few drops of peppermint oil in a cup of hot water.
- Inhale the steam from the mixture.
11. Bitter Gourd
You may not like the taste of a bitter gourd, but it consists of medicinal properties. It is one of the most effective home remedies for treating sneezing and brings relief from irritation in the nose.
- Soak five bitter gourd leaves in water. Remove it from the water and squeeze the juice out.
- Drink this mixture with honey daily.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your loved ones.
- Sun Spots & Dark Spots – How Are They Different & Their Remedies
- How To Use Bhringaraj Oil For Hair Growth?
- This DIY Lotion Bronzer Is The Perfect Solution For Dry Skin!
- Ever Tried Using Tomato For Thicker & Stronger Hair?
- Damaged Make-up Products? Try These Tricks To Fix Them Instantly
- Tanned Skin? Here's Why You Should Switch To Coconut Oil Today!
- 3 Ways To Use Lavender Essential Oil For Healthy & Shiny Hair
- 10 Home Remedies To Cleanse Your Colon Naturally
- Dealing With Grey Hair? Here's How Camphor Can Help!
- Nourish Your Hair The Right Way With This DIY Hair Serum
- Cupping Therapy & Its Amazing Benefits You Must Know!
- Ever Heard Of Tinting Eyebrows? Here Are 4 Natural Ways!