- 2 min ago Disha Patani And Other Divas Make A Fashionable Splash With Their Latest Magazine Covers
- 19 min ago This All-Natural Henna Hair Dye Is The Only Remedy You Need For Your Grey Hair
- 32 min ago Ranveer Singh Rocks Two Extremely Different Outfits, Which One Did You Like More?
- 1 hr ago Katrina Kaif Or Janhvi Kapoor, Who Looked More Glamourous In The Sparkling Sari?
- Movies Shahid Kapoor Reveals His Reaction After Watching Nani's 'Jersey': 'I Cried Four Times'
- Sports Joining Kobe, LeBron as 50-point Laker 'humbling' for Davis
- News Karnataka By-Election Results 2019: BJP retains majority after winning 6 seats
- Technology Airtel Might Become Foreign Entity As Bharti Telecom Seeks Government Nod
- Finance Bharat Bond ETF Public Issue To Open On December 12
- Automobiles Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Nowadays, with too much of work pressure and other added responsibilities, our physical and mental health tends to be affected because of stress.
Most people experience stress when they encounter a threatening situation, the body instinctively reacts by unleashing too many hormones. This increases your heartbeat, blood pressure and raises energy levels.
Not only work, but financial problems and relationship problems can also cause stress. Traumatic life events can also cause stress too.
Some of the emotional and physical symptoms of stress are headaches, muscle tension, chest pain, upset stomach, frequent urination, loss of sexual desire, dry mouth, frequent colds, difficulty in sleeping, etc.
To avoid stress, you can try out these simple home remedies.
1. Chamomile Tea
Chamomile herb is very useful for reducing stress. It has calming and soothing properties that have a sedative effect on the central nervous system.
Add 2 teaspoons of dried chamomile to a cup of hot water.
- Steep for 10 minutes.
- Add raw honey for taste.
- Drink chamomile tea twice a day.
2. Epsom Salt
Epsom salt is another effective remedy to help you calm down when you are under stress. It is high in magnesium sulphate that enhances your mood instantly.
- Add a cup of Epsom salt in your bath water.
- Soak yourself in this water for 20 minutes.
- Do this 2 or 3 times a week.
Getting a good body massage works as a stress reliever. Massage helps open the blocked energy channels to reduce stress and improves overall health.
- Use either olive oil or coconut oil.
- Massage it on your forehead, neck, shoulders, back and bottom of your feet.
- Do this daily to reduce stress.
4. Holy Basil
Holy basil, also known as tulsi leaves, is another plant that works as a natural anti-stress agent. The phytochemicals present in tulsi leaves help ward away stress.
- Chew 10 to 12 fresh tulsi leaves daily.
Ashwagandha, also known as Indian ginseng, is a beneficial herb for treating stress. It can help combat stress and anxiety.
- Add 1 gram of dried ashwagandha powder to a cup of boiled milk.
- Drink this mixture thrice a day.
6. Green Tea
A cup of green tea is a concoction of several polyphenols. It is also rich in catechins that reduces stress, it encourages relaxation and improves focal and mental alertness.
- Add 2 teaspoons of green tea leaves to a cup of boiling water.
- Steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain and add some honey to it.
- Drink it thrice a day.
7. Vitamin B
Vitamin B can improve your mood and relieve stress. The eight B vitamins are B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9 and B12 that ensure proper functioning of the nervous system.
- Eat foods rich in vitamin B like beans, peas, peanuts, spinach, kale, whole grains, avocados, potatoes, eggs and dairy products.
8. Calcium And Magnesium
Calcium and magnesium are excellent minerals for lowering stress levels, as they help relax the muscles and relieve headaches.
- Eat calcium and magnesium-rich foods like organic yogurt, salmon, leafy green vegetables, broccoli, avocados and nuts.
Yoga is another effective remedy for reducing stress. Doing yoga every day will reduce the stress hormones and improve your mood.
- Yoga poses like the eagle pose, thunderbolt pose, child's pose, etc., are some of the poses you could try.
10. Slow And Deep Breathing
Slow and deep breathing exercise can help reduce stress. Doing this will calm the brain and relax the muscles.
- Close your eyes and take a deep breath to the count of five.
- Hold your breath for 5 counts and exhale.
- Repeat this 5 times.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your loved ones.