- 7 hrs ago Health And Wellness Tips For College Students
- 8 hrs ago This Wedding Season, Make Your Cocktail Evening Special With These Brand New Outfit Ideas
- 9 hrs ago Karwa Chauth 2019: 5 Alluring Make-up Looks From The Bollywood Divas For This Karwa Chauth
- 9 hrs ago Teratoma: Types, Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Diwali Sale Offers: Honor Smartphones On Discount
- News Bank jobs for 10th pass:115 Indian Bank peon vacancies announced; Peon jobs apply online link here
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 7 Updates Day 1: Bhoomi Shetty Becomes The First Captain Of This Season!
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019, Eliminator 2: Raiders power U Mumba past Haryana Steelers
- Automobiles Ratan Tata Invests In Electric Two Wheeler Start Up Tork Motors
- Education Who Is Abhijit Banerjee? 10 Facts About Indian-origin Economist Who Has Won Nobel Prize
- Finance CPI: Retail Inflation Rises To 3.99% In September
- Travel Top 10 Indian Cities For Food Lovers
Heel pain is a common foot problem that can cause hindrance with your normal activities. Heel pain is a condition which causes calcium deposits that lead to a bony intrusion under the heel bone. The pain can be felt at the bottom of the heel or behind the heel.
The most common causes of heel pain include injuries, sprains, fractures, being overweight and poorly fitted shoes. This may also lead to swelling, irritation and weakening of the arch bone.
Often, heel pain also arises due to certain medical conditions including gout, heel spurs, arthritis, etc., which is more painful. People who suffer from heel pain are aware of the intensity of pain and discomfort that they go through.
So, here are 10 natural home remedies for heel pain to ease your pain and bring an instant relief.
1. Epsom Salt
Epsom salt can bring an instant relief from heel pain because it is composed of magnesium sulphate crystals that help to reduce pain, swelling and inflammation in the heels.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of Epsom salt in warm water and dip your feet in it for 20 minutes.
- Dry your feet and massage the area gently with a moisturizer.
Turmeric is an excellent remedy to cure heel pain instantly. It contains anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants that help kill the pain naturally.
- Boil one cup of milk and add one teaspoon of turmeric powder to it.
- Add a little honey and drink this mixture 2-3 times daily.
3. Stretching Exercises
Stretching exercises can help reduce the pain and promote quick recovery. It strengthens the muscles and tendons in your foot to prevent further pain.
- Stand barefoot and face the wall with a distance.
- Take both your hands and press against the wall.
- Placing one foot forward, lean and feel the stretch along the back of your leg and heel.
- Switch sides and do this for 30 seconds.
Massaging your heel is another simple treatment, as it provides a quick relief from the pain. It will relax the muscles, release the pressure and improve blood circulation.
- Apply some mustard oil on the affected area.
- Using both your thumbs, gently apply pressure in the heels.
- Massage it for 10 minutes.
If your heel pain is caused by a muscle strain, consume ginger. Ginger contains anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties that can help combat pain and inflammation.
- Drink ginger tea thrice a day or add raw ginger in your dishes.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is another home remedy used for curing heel pain. It contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that work as an effective pain relief.
- Pour 1 cup of water and add ¼th cup of apple cider vinegar into a pan.
- Heat it and soak a cloth into it.
- Wring the excess liquid and place it on the painful area for 15-20 minutes.
7. Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper has strong anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce inflammation. It is also rich in capsaicin, a compound that has natural pain-relieving properties.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper in ¼th cup of warm olive oil and apply it on the affected area.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes and then rinse it with warm water.
8. Flax Seed oil
Flax seed oil is packed with alpha-linolenic acid, a form of omega-3 fatty acid which attacks inflammation. It is a very effective home remedy for treating heel pain.
- Pour a few drops of flax seed oil in warm water and dip a cloth into it.
- Wrap the cloth around your heel and leave it for at least an hour.
9. Baking Soda
Baking soda offers loads of health benefits and it works directly on the calcium crystals deposited in the heel. Thus, providing an instant relief from the pain and swelling.
- Make a paste by mixing ½ a teaspoon of baking soda in water and apply this on your heel.
10. Essential Oils
Essential oils like rosemary or lavender contain anti-inflammatory properties that act as a natural painkiller in treating heel pain.
- Warm a few drops of an essential oil of your choice and rub it gently on your heel to treat the pain.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your close ones.