- 6 hrs ago Low Calorie Quick Vegetarian Recipe: How To Make Cabbage Soup
- 9 hrs ago Tired Of Hair Loss? Here Are Some Tips And Home Remedies To Naturally Regrow Your Hair
- 11 hrs ago 106 Deaths In Delhi In January Due To Cold, Claims NGO; Officials Deny
- 11 hrs ago Kalashtami January 2022: Date, Time, Puja Rituals And Significance
- News Neglected infectious diseases may be tomorrow's pandemic: Bharat Biotech chairman
- Finance On 5-Year SIP, This 5-Star Rated Midcap Fund Has Given Up To 128% Returns
- Movies Anuradha Paudwal And Sadhana Sargam Grace Zee TV’s Sa Re Ga Ma Pa As Special Guests
- Sports PKL 2021-22: Mohit, Sombir star as Puneri Paltan make light work of Naveen-less Dabang Delhi
- Automobiles Volkswagen Tiguan Deliveries Commence In India: Prices Start From Rs 31.99 Lakh
- Education NBEMS FDST Admit Card 2022 Released At nbe.edu.in, Here’s How To Download Hall Ticket
- Technology Oppo Watch Free Listed On Official Site In India; Launching Alongside Reno7 Series On Feb 4?
- Travel National Tourism Day 2022: Explore North India By Train
Earlier joint pains used to be a major reason for complain only from the elderly, but in the recent times even young adults and teenagers are frequently complaining of joint pain. Experts relate this increasing trend to be due to sedentary lifestyle and lack of exercises.
So how to get rid of joint pains? Today in this article we will be explaining about a few of the yoga asanas that will help to relieve joint pains. These yoga asanas have been tried and tested by yoga experts.
Also Read: Simple Remedies For Joint Pain
The moment we experience joint pain, what most of us do is pop in painkillers. Well, this might provide quick remedy for the time being, but popping in painkillers every time you get joint pain is not healthy. It can lead to certain side effects.
On a serious note, joint pain can also be due to arthritis or can be caused due to a fracture. In cases like these it is always better to get it checked with a doctor or else it might lead to other serious health conditions.
Here are a few yoga asanas that help to relieve joint pains quickly. Take a look.
1. Setu Bandhasana (Bridge pose)
Step-by-step procedure to perform Setubandhasana:
a. Lie down entirely on your back and then fold your knees.
b. Place your arms on either side with the palms facing down.
c. Slowly lift your back from the floor till your chin touches your chest.
d. Make sure that both the thighs are parallel to each other.
e. Balance the body and then hold on to the position for a few seconds.
2. Veerbhadrasana (Warrior Pose)
Step-by-step procedure to perform Veerbhadrasana:
a. With your legs little wide apart stand straight and hands on either side.
b. Keep your right foot at 90 degrees and left foot at about 15 degrees.
c. Lift both your arms to the shoulder level.
d. Breathe out and bend your right knee and then slowly turn your head towards the right side and stretch.
e. Push your pelvis down and take deep breaths.
f. Slowly get back to the normal position. Do this for about 10 times with both the legs.
3. Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
Step-by-step procedure to perform Dhanurasana :
a. Lie down with your stomach pressed against the floor. The arms should be relaxed and placed on either sides.
b. Slowly fold your knees and hold your ankles with your hands.
c. Take a deep breath and then lift your chest. Pull your legs up with your hands.
d. Your body should look like a bow.
e. Keep taking deep breaths and hold on to the position for a few seconds and then get back.
4.Makara Adho Mukha Svanasana (Dolphin Plank pose)
Step-by-step procedure to perform Makara Adho Mukha Svanasana:
a. Lie on your stomach with your hands on your sides.
b. Take a deep breath. Keep your forearms in the ground and the elbows should be placed directly beneath your shoulders.
c. The neck and shoulders should be firm. Bring your palms close to each other.
d. Raise your toes a little up and then balance the body on it.
e. Hold on to the position for few seconds and then slowly come out of the position.
- wellnessInternational Day Of Yoga 2019: 10 Yoga Poses To Get Rid Of Belly Fat
- wellnessWorld No Tobacco Day: 5 Yoga Asanas To Help You Quit Smoking
- disorders cureEffective Yoga Asanas To Reduce Your Tummy
- disorders cureThese Yoga Asanas Help Cure Irregular & Painful Periods
- disorders cureThese Yoga Asanas Help Fight Fatigue & Tiredness Efficiently
- wellness10-Minute Yoga Asanas To Improve Concentration During Exams
- wellness5 Yoga Positions That Can Help You Reduce Belly Fat
- wellness10 Yoga Poses For Stress Relief
- diet fitnessYoga Asanas To Reduce Thighs n Hips
- diet fitnessCelebrities Who Practise Yoga
- diet fitnessMeditation Step By Step Guide
- wellnessHealth Benefits Of Practicing Yoga