- 51 min ago Chata, The Cute Munchkin Kitten With The Cutest Sleeping Poses!
- 1 hr ago On Regina Cassandra's Birthday, Take A Look At Her Impeccable Fashion Sense
- 1 hr ago Viral: This Adorable Penguin Migrates 8,000 KM Every Year To Meet The Man Who Saved It
- 2 hrs ago Video Of 70-Year-Old Physics Professor From Virginia Doing Crazy Experiments Goes Viral
- Movies Bigil Completes 50 Days In Theatres; Vijay Starrer Is The Highest-Grossing Tamil Movie Of 2019!
- Technology Moto G8 Power With 5,000mAh Battery To Soon Hit Markets
- News I will not apologize, says Rahul Gadhi over 'rape in India' remark
- Sports Rumour Has It: Guardiola has break clause in Manchester City contract
- Finance Tata Motors Shares Surge 6% On Boris Johnson's UK Win
- Automobiles Tata Altroz India Launch Date Confirmed: To Rival The Maruti Suzuki Baleno
- Travel 10 Beaches To Enjoy A Sunny Christmas With Your Family!
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
The mercury is at an all time high and this is not good news for your health and overall well-being.
Along with diseases like sunstroke, heat rashes, etc., there is a constant danger of food poisoning during the summers.
Food poisoning is a general term used to indicate a medical condition, wherein the patient suffers from food-borne illnesses caused by consumption of spoiled or infected food.
Food poisoning is more common during the fervent summers. This is because the hot weather outside proves to be a perfect breeding ground for microbes like bacteria.
The symptoms of food poisoning include abdominal cramps, diarrhoea, vomiting, loss of appetite, mild fever, weakness, nausea and headaches.
However symptoms may vary depending on the source of infection and the degree of infection. If you experience persistent diarrhoea or fever, you must immediately consult with a doctor.
Though it is possible to medically cure food poisoning in most cases, it is possible to nip the possibility of this common condition in the bud.
To do this, one need not spend a huge amount of money. All you need to do is to follow certain precautionary measures.
1. Cook Meat Properly
This is probably the single reason on why most people get affected by food poisoning. The meat that you have is the abode of many pathogens. If not subjected to temperatures, the pathogens may survive, leading to food poisoning on consumption. An example of such a pathogen is the E.coli bacteria which are commonly found in beef.
2. Maintain Proper Hygiene
Proper hygiene is fundamental to the well-being of a person. And it is more so during the summers. It is important that you maintain good hygiene during the summers. Wash your hands thoroughly before and after each meal. Also, maintain cleanliness while handling food. A little caution taken could ensure protection from food poisoning.
3. Keep Your Refrigerator Cool Enough
A cool refrigerator is better at preserving food. The temperature of the refrigerator should be ideally set to around 5 degrees. This ensures that the food kept within is not spoiled by putrefaction.
4. Use Probiotic Supplements
Probiotic supplements are a healthy add-on during the summers. Probiotics aid digestion and thereby these supplements keep diseases at bay. They also boost the general immunity of the consumer.
5. Use Charcoal Tablets
Charcoal tablets are an excellent absorbent of toxins and pathogens. When consumed, they can prove to be an effective impediment for diseases like diarrhoea and food poisoning.
6. Don't Overeat
The lesser you consume , the more powerful your digestive fire will be. The single-most potent thing to make you uncomfortable around your belly is overeating. Quality over quantity is the motto during summers.
7. Avoid Raw Food
Raw foods like salads are a very healthy addition to your diet. The fact that they are not cooked however makes them vulnerable to pathogens. So one must avoid having salads, especially during summers.
8. Avoid Street Food
Street food is the most unhygienic food that you could ever get in India. During the summers, these unhygienic conditions combined with extreme heat and humidity prove to be the ideal breeding grounds for pathogens. One must therefore avoid having street food at any cost.
9. Proper Disposal Of Leftovers
Leftovers must be dealt with properly. They again can be the breeding grounds of various pathogens. Once everyone has finished eating, put the food in its appropriate hot or cold environment. Food which has been kept open for more than four hours must be trashed immediately.
10. Avoid Self Medication
Food poisoning is a serious medical illness. Though it helps to keep things like charcoal tablets handy, one must consult the doctor to avoid any serious repercussions. Self medication must be avoided at all costs.