- 4 hrs ago Sonakshi Sinha, Karisma Kapoor, And Other Divas Flaunt Party Outfits At This Party
- 5 hrs ago On Zeenat Aman's Birthday, The Actress Whose Fashion Was Beyond The Conformist Narrative
- 6 hrs ago Copaiba Oil: Health Benefits, Risks And How To Use
- 6 hrs ago Urvashi Rautela's Perfect Glossy Pout And Pretty Half Updo Hairstyle Are Something You Can't Miss
- Sports 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers, India vs Oman: India go down by a solitary goal in Muscat
- Movies Amitabh Bachchcan’s Throwback Picture With Kareena Kapoor Is The Cutest Thing On Internet Today!
- Technology 99% of Xiaomi Smartphones Sold In India Are Made In The Country
- News Pak court to announce judgement in treason case against Pervez Musharraf on Nov 28
- Automobiles MotoGP Repsol Honda Team Signs Alex Marquez For 2020 Season: Will Race With Marc Marquez
- Travel Overtourism – Why It Matters, The Destinations Affected And How To Combat It
- Finance Job Creation Growth In India Slowed Down In Last 2 Years: CARE Ratings
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
Most of us reading this article would be familiar with the quote "an apple a day keeps the doctor away", right?
Well, what if you were told that consuming a glass of red wine a day could have the same effect?
Most of us would be rather surprised, isn't it? The fact is that many of us may have heard about the health benefits of red wine; however, we may not be aware of the fact that it has the ability to prevent certain major diseases.
During the olden times, a lot of women were encouraged to drink red wine, as they thought that it would prevent the signs of ageing from appearing at a faster rate.
So, even today, red wine is believed to just help reduce stress or help with anti-ageing benefits.
Now, in many countries where traditions and religious customs play an important role in the society, any kind of alcohol, including wine is looked down upon.
However, the truth is that, although most types of alcoholic beverages are unhealthy and could cause addiction, wine is an alcoholic drink that can come with certain health benefits, when consumed within a particular limit.
Especially red wine is known to contain certain ingredients that can be very beneficial for health.
A recent research has found that red wine has the ability to prevent the risk of type 2 diabetes!
Learn how that happens, below.
How Red Wine Can Prevent Type 2 Diabetes Risk
Most of us would know of someone who is suffering from diabetes or we could be the victims of this disease ourselves; it is that common!
Diabetes is a metabolic disorder in which the body fails to produce or respond to the insulin hormone, causing an abnormal spike in the blood sugar levels.
In type 2 diabetes, the body does not produce enough insulin, resulting in a number of undesirable symptoms such as excessive hunger and thirst, fatigue, frequent urination, weight fluctuations, poor wound healing capacity, blurred vision, etc.
Type 2 diabetes is a condition which cannot be cured, but its symptoms can be treated to be kept under control.
Healthy lifestyle changes like a balanced diet, regular exercise, stress management, etc., can also help control the disease.
Now, a recent study published in the journal 'Diabetologia' in the UK has stated that consuming a glass of red wine every day, after a meal, can cut the risk of people developing type 2 diabetes by almost 27%, when coupled with a healthy lifestyle!
The study says that the antioxidants and flavonoids present in red wine can keep the insulin hormone production in your body regulated well, thus preventing type 2 diabetes.
However, one must always consult a doctor before consuming red wine regularly, especially if you have alcoholic tendencies!