- 5 hrs ago World Soil Day 2019: Impact Of Soil On Your Health
- 9 hrs ago British Fashion Awards 2019: Rita Ora Dazzles In A Flaming Eye Make-up
- 10 hrs ago Deepika Padukone And Priyanka Chopra Jonas' Checkered Outfits Can Totally Keep You Warm
- 10 hrs ago Kriti Sanon’s Recent Outfits Are What You Can Pick For DJ Night, Festivals And Red Carpet
- News CPCB task force asks agencies in NCR to intensify enforcement to curb 'severe' air quality
- Movies Panipat Movie Review: A History Lesson That's Still Relevant In Today's Times!
- Sports Sports Minister felicitates Kho-Kho teams for winning gold in South Asian Games
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite, Note 10 Lite India Launch Likely Delayed
- Travel 8 Most Relaxing Beaches In India To Visit In December
- Finance P2P Lending Cap Raised To Rs 50 Lakh
- Automobiles MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- Education Indian Navy Day: 5 Amazing Facts Students Should Know
Olive oil, as the name suggests, is the oil obtained from Olives, mostly found in the Mediterranean region.
This special oil is known for its stupendous health benefits both orally and topically. The list of its medicinal benefits is endless and unparalleled to any other oil known to mankind.
How many of us know that olive oil is very effective in the treatment of many skin diseases, especially psoriasis?
In this article, let us explore the ways to use olive oil to treat psoriasis. Now, before we go into the crux of this article, let us first know what psoriasis is.
Known to be a chronic inflammatory skin disease, psoriasis's symptoms are raised patches of red skin with thick silvery scales.
Now, let us see the ways in which olive oil can be used to effectively treat this extremely irritable skin disease.
1. Olive Oil:
There are four types of olive oil namely extra-virgin olive oil, virgin olive oil, refined olive oil and pure olive oil. Adequate precautions are to be taken as to which type of olive oil is to be used in the treatment of Psoriasis. Preferably, extra-virgin oil is used for this purpose. Not only does the oil have a soothing effect on the affected part of the skin, it also acts as a great skin moisturizer.
How to use?
The lesions of this disease should be dabbed gently with cotton balls dipped in slightly heated olive oil. After 20 minutes, the red raised patches should be carefully washed and the excess oil should be removed gently with a tissue. This process should be repeated regularly.
2. Olive Oil With Milk:
This is a commonly known fact that milk is an excellent skin moisturiser. Also, the presence of lactic acid in the milk is a sure aid to treat many types of skin diseases. So, one can easily imagine the positive effects of the mixture of olive oil and milk on the skin.
How to use?
Milk and olive oil should be mixed in bath water and it is advisable to soak in the water for about 20 minutes. Gently massaging the affected part to remove the loose scales from the lesions would give soothing results.
3. Olive Oil With Sugar:
Sugar has the following good effects on the skin.
- Excellent skin moisturizer
- Softens, exfoliates and freshens up the skin without clogging the pores
- Prevents the skin from drying
How to use?
Mixing equal parts of olive oil and sugar and applying it on the skin patches will yield positive results. After the skin has soaked in the mixture for a sufficient time, the area should be cleaned with lukewarm water. Later, some moisturizer should be applied. The process should be repeated several times for best results.
4. Olive Oil With Tea Tree Oil:
Tea tree oil has excellent healing effects on the skin. The antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiviral, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties of this oil can reduce psoriasis symptoms to the minimum. So, the combined effects of these two medicinal oils remain unrivaled.
How to use?
Before having a bath, a warm mixture of tea tree oil and olive oil in the ratio 1:10 should be heated and applied on the psoriasis affected patch. After about half an hour, the area in concern should be rinsed off with lukewarm water. This process can be repeated daily before having a nice bath.
Also, olive oil with honey and bee wax or turmeric or licorice root will go a long way in treating psoriasis.