Imagine you stub your toe against a door; the pain can be very intense, right? Now, imagine 5 times that pain which almost lasts for more than 24 hours! That is the intensity of menstrual cramps!
Although the degree of pain may vary from woman to woman, most of us ladies would be able to vouch for the fact that period cramps can actually make us cry!
Yes, most of us would have experienced period cramps at some point in time if we are lucky. The less unfortunate women would be experiencing this condition every month!
Normally, most girls start their periods around the age of 12 and it continues on, every month, until she attains menopause, around the age of 50.
Every month, for at least 4-5 days, a woman bleeds from her vagina. This bleeding is caused by the shedding of the uterine wall, if the woman does not become pregnant.
During menstruation, a lot of hormonal changes occur in the body that can cause inflammation of the uterine walls, as it is ready to shed, thus causing a lot of pain and discomfort in the lower abdominal region.
So, instead of taking strong painkillers which may have side effects, here is a natural remedy you can try to reduce period pain.
- Spinach Juice - ½ a glass
- Honey - 1 tablespoon
This home remedy to reduce menstrual cramps naturally can work effectively, when consumed on a regular basis.
However, one must keep in mind that if the pain is very intense and the bleeding is abnormally heavy, immediate medical attention would be required.
Along with taking this remedy, one must also ensure to stay away from oily and spicy foods which can increase period pain.
Exercising moderately and attaining orgasms are also a few natural ways to reduce period cramps.
Spinach is rich in iron and vitamin C, both of which can set right the hormonal imbalance causing the uterine inflammation to reduce period cramps.
Honey is rich in antioxidants which can also reduce the inflammation around the uterus during the periods, thus easing away menstrual cramps to a significant degree.
Method Of Preparation:
- Heat up the spinach juice until it is lukewarm.
- Add the suggested amount of honey to the glass of spinach juice.
- Stir well to form a mixture.
- Consume this mixture, twice a day, after a meal, when you have period cramps.
- How Often Should You Change Pads A Day
- Beetroot Juice For Preventing Menstrual Cramps
- World Menstrual Hygiene Day: 8 Best Juices For Period Pain
- World Menstrual Hygiene Day: 9 Basic Menstrual Hygiene Tips
- Menstrual Hygiene Day 2018: What You Need To Know About Your Periods
- Toxic Shock Syndrome: All You Need To Know