- 1 hr ago Comfrey: Health Benefits, Side Effects, Prevention And Drug Interaction
- 11 hrs ago Katrina Kaif, Deepika Padukone, And Other Best And Worst Dressed Celebs Of This Week
- 12 hrs ago Navratri 2019 Day 2 – Here Is How You Can Ace The White Make-up Look
- 12 hrs ago Altitude Sickness: Types, Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Diagnosis, Treatment And Prevention
- News Punjab Police busts a module of terrorist group Khalistan Zindabad Force
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 104: Patna Pirates vs Haryana Steelers: Dream 11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips
- Technology Here's The Proper Way To Backup Android Devices
- Movies Sye Raa Pre-release Event: Live Updates
- Automobiles Yamaha MT-15 Sales Crosses 15,000 Units Within Six Months Of Its Launch In India
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
With increasing number of people getting hooked to gadgets and electronic devices or those working on computers and laptops for about 8-10 hours every day there seems to be an alarming rise in the number of people getting affected with dry eyes.
So how do we get rid of this dry eyes syndrome? If you are affected with this condition then there are certain natural remedies that are considered as the best treatment option for dry eyes.
Lack of natural lubricant in the eyes is one of the major causes for dry eyes syndrome. Not only do the eyes dry up, but the eyes turn red accompanied by burning sensation and also you start having a blurred vision.
Also Read: Best Home Remedies For Eye Problem
Though the condition might not be that serious initially but if not taken care of on time it can affect the corneas and eyesight and this might lead to loss of vision as well.
If your work entails continuous use of computers then you need to take up certain precautionary measures to prevent the eyes from getting affected.
Listed here are a few of the natural remedies to get rid of dry eye syndrome. Take a look.
1. Washing Eyes:
Dry eyes lead to itching of eyes. Instead of rubbing the eyes, it is always advisable to wash the eyes frequently with clean running water.
2. Keep Blinking Your Eyes:
As you sit down to work on your computers and laptops make it a point to blink your eyes every 10 minutes. This helps in retaining the natural fluid of the eyes and prevents them from drying.
Take one fresh cucumber and cut it into round pieces. Lie down, close your eyes and then put a piece each of the cucumber on top of both the eyes and keep them for about 10 minutes. It not just gives your eyes a soothing effect but it also helps one to get rid of dry eyes.
4. Aloe Vera:
Take a bit of aloe vera gel, apply it on the eyelids and leave it for about 10 minutes. Using lukewarm water rinse it off. It helps prevent dry eyes syndrome.
5. Drink Lots Of Water:
Keeping yourself hydrated helps in preventing dry eye syndrome. Increasing the intake of water can help ease dry eye syndrome.
6. Increase Intake Of Omega-3 Fats:
When the diet lacks in omega-3 fatty acids this can lead to dry eyes. Increase in the consumption of foods that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids like fish, flax seeds, sesame seeds and walnuts helps.
7. Coconut Oil:
Lie down with your eyes closed. Dip cotton balls in coconut oil and place them on the eyelids. Keep them for about 10 minutes. Do this at least two times a day. It helps to get rid of dry eyes syndrome.
8. Castor Oil:
Applying castor oil around the eyelids helps in retaining the natural moisture of the eyes and thus prevents the eyes from getting dry.
Take cotton balls, dip them in milk and then place them on the eyelids. Keep them for about 10 minutes. This helps in soothing the eyes and prevents the eyes from getting dry.
Add a drop of honey to one teaspoon of clean water. Use this as an eye drop. Apply two drops each 2-3 times a day. This helps in getting rid of dry eye syndrome.