- 6 hrs ago Dog Bite: From First Aid Treatment To Preventing It, Here's All You Need To Know
- 7 hrs ago UK-based Same-sex Couple Become The First To Carry Baby In Both Of Their Wombs Through IVF
- 8 hrs ago Neena Gupta's Frock Look Is Winning The Internet And We Love It
- 8 hrs ago Ananya Panday’s Bronze Make-up Look For Star Screen Awards Is A Red Carpet Win
- Movies Shah Rukh Khan Says He Would Become Extremely Lonely If He Ever Took Up Direction
- News Seeking to provide Indian citizenship, Lok Sabha passes Citizenship Amendment Bill
- Technology ACT Fibernet Offering Netflix Subscription In Jaipur, Guntur
- Sports 13th South Asian Games: Naveen Kumar shines as Indian Kabaddi Team crush Sri Lanka to win gold medal
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Finance Petrol Price Rises To One-Year High; Price In Delhi Rs. 75/Lt
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
You are in the middle of a meeting and suddenly you get a hiccup that becomes uncontrollable. Despite several efforts you are not able to control them. Embarrassed, you need to walk out of the room in the middle of the meeting.
So how do we get rid of hiccups? In situations like this, there are certain natural ingredients that help to treat hiccups quickly.
A hiccup is generally caused due to the contraction of the diaphragm that repeats several times per minute. As this diaphragm contracts, you tend to breath quickly and your vocal cord gets closed, giving rise to hiccups, that last for minutes and for some it goes on for hours.
Also Read: What Hiccups Say About Your Health
Hiccups can be triggered by drinking alcohol, carbonated drinks, eating spicy foods, stress and eating quickly. Also, when hiccups occur for long it can be caused due to some nerve damage, respiratory problems, gastrointestinal problem or it could also be triggered due to certain medications.
Today in this article we will be listing out a few of the natural remedies for hiccups that actually work. Take a look.
1. Cold Water:
Drink a glass of cold water as fast as you can. This helps to provide a shock to the system and you get rid of hiccups instantly.
2. Honey With Warm Water:
Take a teaspoon of honey, add it to a glass of warm water and stir it well. Try to put this solution under your tongue and swallow it. This helps to get rid of hiccups quickly.
Take a small ice cube and keep sucking this for a few seconds. This helps in getting rid of the hiccups instantly.
Take a glass of cold water and then gargle for about a minute. This helps in getting rid of the hiccups quickly.
Take a teaspoon of sugar, put this into your mouth and hold it for a few seconds until the sugar starts dissolving in your mouth. Do not chew. This stimulates the vagus nerve and helps to get rid of hiccups.
6. Peanut Butter:
Take one teaspoon of peanut butter, keep it in the mouth for a few seconds and then swallow it without chewing. This disturbs the breathing cycle and provides relief from the hiccups.
Lemon provides a triggering effect to the nerves. Take one lemon, cut it and then squeeze its juice into a glass of water. Drink this lemon water quickly. It helps to get rid of hiccups in seconds.
Cardamom helps in providing a relaxing effect to the muscles. Take a teaspoon of cardamom powder and mix it along with a glass of hot water. Steep it for about 10 minutes, strain it and then drink this in the form of tea.