- 8 hrs ago Diwali 2019: What Are Green Crackers And Why You Should Be Using Them
- 9 hrs ago Milk Allergy: Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 10 hrs ago What Is Carbon Peel Facial, Its Benefits And How Does It Work
- 11 hrs ago Sara Ali Khan And Rakul Preet Singh Give Us White Outfit Goals For The Upcoming Party
- Movies Gold Awards 2019 Winners Web Series: Sunny Leone, Kunal Jaisingh, Ronit Roy & Others Bag Awards
- News Soubhagya Routray, gets prestigious Doctorate for his 'work' on underprivileged children
- Technology ZTE Blade A7s, ZTE Blade 20 Smart Xiaoxin Edition Unveiled: Price, Specs And More
- Sports India Vs South Africa: Local boy Shahbaz Nadeem replaces injured Kuldeep Yadav for Ranchi Test
- Automobiles Odd-Even Rule Returns To Delhi In November: We Have All The Details
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
- Travel Simple Tips & Tricks For Booking Cheap Flight Tickets In India
- Finance Rules On Vehicle Insurance Claims On Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol
A sudden change in climatic conditions is making everyone sick and the most common sickness during such time is strep throat infection. According to experts, early spring, which we are currently experiencing, is the time when this particular infection is at its peak.
In order to combat this deadly strep throat infection, today we will be mentioning about a few of the effective home remedies that help in getting rid of infection quickly.
Strep throat infection is caused by a bacteria called the Streptococcus pyogenes. These bacteria spread through the airborne droplets when you come in contact with the affected person.
Also Read: Treatment For Throat Infection
A few of the major symptoms of strep throat infection include throat pain, swollen lymph nodes, red and swollen tonsils, fever and headache. Apart from children, people with low immune system and those who are in constant contact with the affected person are likely to develop the infection.
Being extra careful and maintaining good hygiene is highly essential to keep the infection at bay.
Listed here are a few of the natural home remedies that will help in getting rid of strep throat infection quickly. Take a look.
1. Honey And Black Pepper:
Honey is one of the best natural antibiotics. Take a teaspoon of honey, add a pinch of pepper to it and then try licking this slowly. You need to feel the soothing effect in your throat. It helps in providing quick relief from the infection.
2. Ginger Tea:
Take a small piece of ginger, clean it, and then chop it into small pieces. Add it to a glass of water and then boil it. Strain it and then drink it in the form of tea. If you wish you could add a teaspoon of honey as well.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar:
Use half a cup of warm water and 1-2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar. Gargle with the solution. If you're fine with its flavour, add 1-2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to a cup of water, and sip it throughout the day.
4. Licorice Root:
One of the best natural home remedies for strep throat infection is licorice root. Take small pieces of 2-3 licorice root, boil it along with water and then use this water to gargle. This helps in providing quick relief from the pain and infection.
5. Peppermint Oil:
Take a bowl of hot water and add a few drops of peppermint oil. Cover your head with a clean towel with the bowl straight below your face. Inhale the steam; this helps in healing the infection quickly.
6. Green Tea:
Rich in antioxidants, green tea helps in providing a soothing effect for the throat infection and at the same time helps in providing quick relief from the infection.
7. Honey And Garlic Cloves:
Take a teaspoon of honey and take two garlic cloves and then chop them well. Add the chopped garlic and a bit of cayenne pepper to the honey and then have it. One could take this after every 2-3 hours for best results.
8. Eucalyptus Oil:
Take hot water in a bowl, add a few drops of eucalyptus oil to it and then inhale the steam. This will help in easing the congestion and enhance the healing process.