- 5 hrs ago From Suits To Skirt Sets, Divyanka Tripathi Dahiya Has Fashion Goals For Every Occasion
- 11 hrs ago Global Citizen Live: Anil Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan, Kiara Advani, Hrithik Roshan To Participate
- 13 hrs ago R.1 COVID-19 Variant: Everything You Need To Know
- 14 hrs ago What Is Bipolar Disorder? Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Treatments And Prevention
- Sports IPL 2021: Sunrisers Hyderabad crash out of IPL 14; Here're 4 reasons for SRH's failure
- News Threat of climate change 'looming large': PM Modi at Global Citizen Live
- Finance LIC Listing To Happen By 4th Quarter Of This Year: CEA
- Automobiles ‘Built To Order’ Platform Allows For The Customisation Of Apache RR 310; First Batch Sold Out
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11 Grand Finale Highlights: Finalists Are Ready For The Final Race!
- Technology Oppo Reno7 To Feature Identical Design As The Reno6; Might Launch Soon
- Travel World Tourism Day 2021: 5 Breathtaking Natural Wonders Of The World To See – Part 2
- Education UPSC CSE 2020: IAS Topper Tina Dabi’s Sister Ria Dabi Gets Rank 15 In Civil Services Exam
Common cold is an ailment with an innocent name. But it strikes more people than any other disease in the world.
Rich or poor, black or white, no one can escape it.
So if you are feeling a little under the weather, here are 5 Indian home remedies for cold that you can find easily in your household pantry.
#1 A Cup of Hot Ginger Tea
A steaming cup of ginger tea with fried munchies is a staple for rainy days, but what most people don't know is that this fresh brew can also double as an excellent remedy for those nasty bouts of cold.
The secret lies in ginger's anti-inflammatory property, which drags out excess fluids from your infected throat. Plus, the soothing effect of hot tea is excellent for soreness.
Just add two teaspoons of grated ginger while preparing your usual cup of chai, and you are all set to fight the cold.
#2 A Spoonful of Raw Honey
It is not a coincidence that honey is also called liquid gold.
With its antibacterial, anti-viral, and antioxidant properties, raw honey is the perfect natural remedy for curing cold.
All you need is a spoonful of it in a glass of warm water (or milk), and you can calm your coughing throat for at least a few hours. In fact, slurping it directly is also useful as it forms a wonderful layer over your throat that helps reduce soreness.
#3 Eucalyptus Oil Steam
Eucalyptus oil is good for easing stuffy noses.
All you need is a large bowl, 4 - 5 drops of concentrated oil, and some hot water. Then throw a large towel over your head to trap the steam, and breathe in the menthol fumes for at least 5 - 10 minutes. Your nose will start unclogging immediately.
Just make sure the water is not boiling hot, otherwise, the steam will end up burning your face.
Also, start with just a few drops of oil since the scent of eucalyptus is extremely harsh.
#4 Regular Salt-Water Gargle
Salt is a powerful anti-inflammatory agent, and thus, the perfect remedy for an aching throat.
Just mix 1-2 teaspoons in a glass of water and gargle gently for at least 30 seconds.
Repeat this 3 - 4 times a day and you will notice a considerable improvement in your condition.
#5 Turmeric Milk
Haldi doodh is an ancient remedy widely-known as the go-to cure for practically every ailment out there in the world (at least our mothers believe it is). And with over 600 medicinal properties, this claim is definitely backed by science.
That's why even if it does taste awful, drinking a glass of warm milk brewed with 1 teaspoon of turmeric will immediately give you relief from your nasty cold.
Was This Article Helpful?
At Boldsky, we strive to bring you the best health tips and home remedies so you don't have to visit the hospital unnecessarily.
So if you enjoyed reading this article and found it useful, please share it so others can read it too.
In fact, you can show us your love by clicking on the heart button above and recommending this article.