- 1 hr ago Bacterial Vaginosis: Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Diagnosis, Treatment & Prevention
- 3 hrs ago So, Here Are Some Bollywood Fashion Scoops Of The Day For Outfits Inspiration
- 3 hrs ago Diwali 2019: Let Bollywood Divas Inspire You To Wear Gorgeous Light Festive Outfits
- 3 hrs ago Lung Diseases Caused By Breathing In Polluted Air
- News Campaigning in Maharashtra, Haryana ends: All you need to know about these assembly polls
- Movies No More Bad Blood Between Kangana Ranaut & Sonam Kapoor? Actresses Seen Posing For Pic
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- Finance 5 Stocks That Rose The Most This Week
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Sports La Liga: Atletico Madrid vs Valencia promises to be exciting
- Technology BSNL Might Bring Cable TV, Broadband, Landline Services Under One Bill: Report
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
Chemotherapy is one of the main treatment options for cancer. The target of the treatment is to reduce the abnormal cancer cells that are growing uncontrollably. But, unfortunately, the action of the drug can sometimes be extended to normal cells. This is the main reason for the major side effects that occur due to the chemotherapeutic drugs.
Depending on the cells that are affected, the organs that will express the side effect will also differ. This can range from minor problems like headache to major issues like loss of function of normal cells.
This is a difficult time for both the patient and their family. Keeping the patient confident and comfortable is a major factor that defines the success of the chemotherapy session.
The common side effects of chemotherapy treatment are anaemia, fatigue, hair loss, bruising, bleeding, vomiting, infection and weight loss. Since chemotherapy uses high doses of drugs, it is better to opt for home remedies to manage the side effects of chemotherapy.
Most people prefer home remedies, as they are safe options for a cancer patient. Go through these common and effective home remedies to manage the side effects of chemotherapy.
There are recent studies that are conducted on chemotherapeutic patients which clearly show that the intake of ginger can alleviate most of the digestive system-related issues that will occur due to the side effects of chemotherapy.
This herb is very efficient in fighting liver inflammation in cancer patients. Since liver is the major organ that works for detoxification, keeping liver healthy is very important. Using milk thistle is one of the effective home remedies to manage the side effects of chemotherapy
Giving a relaxing massaging session is something that the family members can do to keep the patient calm and relaxed. Studies show that an effective massage session can make the patient free from pain and anxiety.
Drinking A Good Amount Of Water
Dehydration is one of the most important side effects of chemotherapy, as all the cells are going through a difficult situation. Drinking enough water and keeping the body hydrated and will help alleviate problems associated with dehydration.
Gas formation is the most frequent complaint of most of the people who go through chemotherapy sessions. This can be avoided to a great extent if you are taking healthy snacks in small portions in between your main meals.
Never skip nutritious food, even when you are in a stage of losing your appetite. Good and nutritious food can give a positive support to the chemotherapy treatment.
The high-dose drug can affect the natural bacterial flora of your intestine, triggering health issues like diarrhoea. Yogurt is a good option to try to solve this problem. This is one of the effective home remedies to manage the side effects of chemotherapy.
Include more of beans or peas, preferably sprouted, in your diet. This is the best way to fight the most unwanted side effect of chemotherapy, that is, hair loss. Proteins are important to keep the hair follicles strong and to promote hair growth.