- News NSA Ajit Doval reaches north-east Delhi, to take stock of situation
- Movies Pictures: Niveditha Gowda And Chandan Shetty Dazzle At Their Wedding Reception!
- Sports ISL 2019-20: Chennaiyin FC vs NorthEast United FC: Chennaiyin to face Goa after NorthEast draw
- Finance GOI Savings Taxable Bonds: An Alternative To Fixed Deposits
- Technology Xiaomi Launches Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones For Rs. 799
- Automobiles New 2020 Honda Dio BS6 Launched In Bangalore: Prices Start At Rs 64,584
- Travel 8 Best Summer Beach Destinations In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
As women, most of us would be familiar with the horrible menstrual pain that we experience every month, right?
The days in which a woman is on her periods for the month can prove to be rather uncomfortable for most women and they may not be able to carry on with their daily activities with ease.
In fact, when a woman is on her period, many a times she may wish that she wasn't born as a woman in the first place, just because the pain is too much to handle!
However, just like other natural bodily processes that a human being has to experience, menstrual periods also cannot be escaped.
Menstruation can be described as a natural phenomenon that every woman experiences, right from the beginning of her puberty until she reaches menopause.
Every month, for at least 4-5 days, a woman experiences bleeding from her vagina that is caused by the shedding of the uterine wall, if the woman does not become pregnant.
During menstruation, a lot of hormonal changes occur in the body that can cause inflammation of the uterine walls, as it is ready to shed, thus causing a lot of pain and discomfort in the lower abdominal region.
A lot of women experience unbearable pain during periods and resort to taking painkillers, which can damage their health in the long run.
Also, during periods due to the hormonal imbalances in the body, many women experience symptoms like extreme hunger, mood swings, fatigue and general weakness.
Many a times, when the menstrual pain is unbearable women resort to taking pain killers, which is unhealthy.
So, here is a home remedy which can help reduce period pain.
- Alcohol (preferably vodka or brandy) - 4 tablespoons
- Lavender Essential Oil - 2 tablespoon
This natural remedy to reduce menstrual pain, right at home, can prove to be very helpful when used on a regular basis, in the right quantities.
Even if you do not notice a difference in pain, the first month you use this remedy, patience is key, because the remedy will work gradually, usually from the second month of use.
Along with using this remedy, one must also make sure to avoid eating inflammatory foods like oily/spicy snacks, during the periods, as they can only worsen the cramps.
In addition, regular exercise is also known to help reduce the occurrence of period pain, as exercise can balance your hormones.
Both alcohol and lavender essential oil have the ability to reduce inflammation present around the uterus during the periods, thus reducing the pain.
The enzymes from alcohol and lavender essential oil, reach the outer membrane of the uterus, through the skin, to help treat pain.
Method Of Use:
- First apply the lavender essential oil in and around the naval area and massage gently for a few minutes.
- Next, repeat the same process with alcohol.
- You can use cotton swabs to apply these ingredients on your bellybutton.
- Repeat this process every time you experience menstrual cramps.