- 41 min ago 12 Effective Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Skin Tags
- 48 min ago Happy Birthday Katrina Kaif: True Minimalist In The Times Of Fashion Overkill
- 2 hrs ago Dia Mirza's Colour-Blocked Sari Is Meant For Ladies Who Want To Look Simply Extraordinary
- 16 hrs ago Guru Purnima 2019: Messages And Quotes To Wish Your Guru
- Finance Vakrangee To Set Up Electric Vehicle Charging Points Across India
- Technology Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus Announced With Improved Gaming Performance
- Movies Anushka Sharma Married Virat Kohli At The Age Of 29 Because Of This Reason!
- Sports England's first cricket World Cup victory is as controversial as its only football title
- Education #SelfiewithGuru: A Campaign To Mark The Occasion Of Guru Purnima 2019
- Automobiles 2020 BS-VI Royal Enfield Thunderbird Spotted Testing — Features Relaxed Riding Position
- News Kejriwal, Sisodia get bail in defamation case filed by Vijender Gupta
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Having a blocked and stuffy nose is one of the most irritating and annoying feelings that one can have. Neither can you smell, nor can you get the taste of the food that you are eating. In severe cases of blocked nose you also have a bad headache that makes things worse.
Getting a good sleep is something that becomes a far fetched dream when you have a stuffy nose. You are not able to breathe properly because of which you will be unable to sleep. This further tends to worsen your headache.
Before we get into the treatment procedure, it is important that we know what exactly causes a stuffy and blocked nose. The congestion in the nasal chambers is caused due to inflamed blood vessels in the sinuses. This inflammation is generally caused due to sinus infection, cold, flu or allergies.
All that you want at that point of time is to get rid of the stuffy nose as fast as possible. Well, for this you need not go too far. There are these two common natural ingredients - ginger and turmeric that can be used for a quick remedy.
So today we will be explaining about how to use these two of the most common kitchen ingredients for getting rid of a stuffy nose at home.
Take a ginger piece and cut it into slices.
Add these ginger slices to a pan with a glass of water.
Boil this for about 5 minutes on a low flame.
Allow it to simmer for about 10 minutes and then strain the water.
Add a teaspoon of lemon juice and one teaspoon of raw honey to the glass of ginger water.
Stir well and then drink this ginger water 2-3 times a day.
Meanwhile, chewing a ginger piece will also provide relief from the stuffy nose.
How it works: Ginger is known for its antioxidant properties and helps in keeping the sinus healthy. It further prevents the secretion of mucus and provides a quick relief from a blocked nose.
Take a teaspoon of turmeric and add it to a glass of milk.
Stir and boil the milk. Keep it on a low flame for about 5 minutes.
Take a cup of this turmeric milk and allow it to cool for a while.
You can add a teaspoon of honey for taste and then drink it twice a day.
How it works: Turmeric is known for its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
Due to these turmeric serves as an effective remedy for stuffy and blocked nose.