- 4 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 17 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 13 hrs ago Birthday Special: 4 Times Manisha Koirala Proved Ethnic Wear In Whites Were Made For Her!
- 15 hrs ago Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Ananya Panday: 7 Celeb-Approved Ways To Style Skinny Jeans
- 16 hrs ago Scientists Develop Smart Contact Lenses That Can Diagnose Cancer From Tears
- Finance Mahanagar Gas Cuts PNG And CNG Prices, On Higher Supply From Govt
- Movies Anurag Kashyap Blames Aditya Chopra For Recent YRF Flops; 'He Needs To Empower People, Not Dictate Them'
- News SC to hear matter related to FIFA ban on AIFF today
- Sports Emma Raducanu bests Serena Williams in opening round of the Western & Southern Open
- Technology Here’s How Hackers Are Exploiting New Vulnerabilities Within Minutes
- Education IIM Bangalore's NSRCEL partners with Alstom to launch the Incubation Program to support startups
- Automobiles Everything You Need To Know About The Upcoming Ola Electric Car - 500Km Range & More
- Travel Milford Sound: New Zealand's Prime Attraction
Fatty liver is a condition in which the liver's fat content becomes higher than normal. This condition makes the liver fatty and this does not throw any symptom under the condition turns severe. Fatty liver occurs due to the excessive accumulation of fat in the body.
Fatty liver can turn out to be dangerous and harmful to human health as at least 25% of the patients with fatty liver are susceptible to having liver cirrhosis or even death.
Fatty liver is prevalent among people who lead an inactive life, with lack of exercise and those who follow an unreasonable diet with a sedentary way of living.
Some of the main causes of fatty liver are malnutrition, weight loss treatment, use of certain drugs, intestinal diseases, HIV, hepatitis, etc. Liver steatosis is a disease that occurs mostly in people who overdrink as well as are obese.
This disease does not throw many symptoms and only a few of them feel tired or depressed or they feel slightly calloused in the right bottom side of the body. This disease is usually diagnosed after a regular blood test.
In this article, we have mentioned about some of the top home remedies for fatty liver disease and the foods that you can opt for to avoid its risk. So, read further to know more about the Indian home remedies for fatty liver disease.
This is one of the best home remedies to treat liver disease naturally. Corn contains unsaturated fatty acids that have the ability to promote the metabolism of fat and cholesterol in the body. Hence, this makes it an effective natural remedy to treat fatty liver.
2. Raw Veggies:
For people with fatty liver, eating raw vegetables on a regular basis helps add vitamins and minerals that are effective for the liver functioning. Hence, it is recommended to eat a lot of salads and different kinds of vegetables. This is one of the top home remedies for fatty liver disease.
3. Large Onion:
Large onion contains a number of nutrients that help in reducing the fat in the liver and blood. These nutrients also help in preventing the formation of plaque which can lead to conditions like atherosclerosis. Hence, people with cardiovascular diseases are also advised to increase their intake of large onions.
Garlic has the capacity to reduce the bad cholesterol inside the human body. Garlic contains allicin that is a compound which helps reduce cholesterol and fat in the liver. It also helps to reduce the blood fat levels in the body. This is one of the best Indian home remedies for fatty liver. This is further confirmed in the study 'The Anti-Fatty Liver Effects Of Garlic Oil On Acute Ethanol Exposed Mice'.
5. Shiitake Mushroom:
This mushroom contains substances that help in reducing cholesterol in the blood and liver cells. You can take shiitake mushrooms in foods or add it in the preparation of soups.
Foods To Avoid For Fatty Liver Disease:
a. Fatty Foods, Tallow:
Patients with fatty liver disease must primarily reduce the amount of animal fats that they consume. This will help reduce the amount of fat in the blood. This reduces the burden on the liver. People with fatty liver disease must avoid animal fats and opt for vegetable oils like sesame oil, olive oil, etc.
b. Cholesterol-rich Foods:
Affected patients must avoid eating too much of animal organs, animal skin and egg yolks, as they contain high levels of cholesterol. By reducing the consumption of these foods, it will help reduce the fat in the liver and thereby help in preventing atherosclerosis, hypertension, diabetes, obesity, etc.
c. Red Meat:
People with fatty liver disease must avoid red meat as much as possible. This is because protein in these foods needs to metabolized in the liver, thereby increasing the burden and load on the liver cells.
Other Remedies For Fatty Liver Disease:
1. Give Up On Alcohol:
This is one of the most effective remedies for the treatment of fatty liver disease. People with this condition need to stop taking alcohol, as it increases the chances of liver cirrhosis.
2. Lose Weight:
Losing weight helps in the treatment of fatty liver disease. Weight loss must be a gradual one and you must initially reduce your weight by 10%. Eventually, try to reduce about 0.5 kg to 1 kg per week.
3. Exercise Regularly:
People with fatty liver disease need to be active regularly by opting for exercises like walking, jogging, swimming and other forms of fitness exercises to burn fat and strengthen muscles.
- babyWhat Is Alagille Syndrome? Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- diabetesHepatitis Awareness Month 2022: What Is The Link Between Diabetes And Hepatitis?
- kidsExpert Opinion: Hepatitis Cases On The Rise Among UK Children – Could COVID Have A Role To Play?
- disorders cureLiver Failure: 10 Warning Signs Your Liver Is Not Functioning Properly
- disorders cureWhat Are Gallstones Or Cholelithiasis? Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Complications And Treatments
- wellness10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Red Sandalwood For Skin, Stomach, Heart And More
- nutritionAmazing Health Benefits Of Argan Oil And How To Use It
- wellness14 Kitchen Spices To Prevent And Manage Diabetes
- wellness12 Health Benefits Of Kaffir Lime Which Will Surprise You
- prenatalWhy Is Bile Acid Test Important During Pregnancy?
- disorders cureThis Hospital Successfully Performs Complicated Liver Transplants On Children With A Rare Disorder
- wellnessWorld Hepatitis Day 2021: Healthy Diet For Hepatitis B Patients