- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 19 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 15 hrs ago World Photography Day 2022: Date, Theme, History, Celebrations, Significance and Activities
- 16 hrs ago Century-Old TB Vaccine Could Be Effective Against Covid-19 And Other Infections: New Study
- 16 hrs ago Hair Slugging - The Newest Beauty Trend For Healthy Hair
- Movies Viruman Day 7 Box Office Collection Worldwide: Karthi's Mass Film Comfortably Enters Second Week!
- News Suspect in Salman Rushdie's stabbing pleads not guilty to attempted murder and assault
- Sports US Open Prize Money 2022: Breakdown of the Singles and Doubles tournament prize money
- Finance Google Workers, Demand Abortion Protections, Data Privacy
- Travel World Photography Day 2022: Prettiest Cities In The World For Instagram Pictures
- Technology Janet Jackson’s Hit Song Could Destroy Laptops, Reveals Microsoft Engineer
- Education CGPSC SO, CMO 2022 Exam Date Announced; Check Schedule Here
- Automobiles Porsche 911 GT3 RS 992 Revealed With Bonkers Aero Package & 518bhp
When you're down with a bacterial infection, the first thing that you want to do is to visit the clinic.
Before that, you need to realise that this form of an infection is caused by negative bacteria in the body, which can be treated using natural remedies at home as well.
Not many of us are aware what a bacterial infection is and how to treat it. Did you know that sometimes certain antibiotics can aggravate the symptoms of a bacterial infection?
Sometimes, antibiotics may just work to get rid of the infection as a current solution and may do nothing to remove this infection from its roots.
In this article, we have mentioned some of the best home remedies for bacterial infection that will treat any infection from deep within and help eradicate the bacteria all together.
In general, a bacterial infection can be defined as the proliferation of harmful bacteria inside your body. Bacterial infection is contagious and can be transferred from one person to another through close contact with the patient.
In case the bacterial infection symptoms still persist even after using these home remedies, it is best to see a doctor. However, as an early at-home treatment, these natural remedies can be used.
So, continue reading this article in order to know how to get rid of a bacterial infection without antibiotics.
1. Cranberry Juice:
Cranberry juice can be used to treat infections related to the urinary tract and vaginal infections. Fresh and unsweetened cranberry juice has to be taken several times throughout the day, as it helps to fight against the harmful bacteria in the body.
It is also safe for consumption by pregnant women who are dealing with infections. This juice is also known to be effective in the treatment and prevention of Escherichia coli that affects the bladder epithelium.
2. Tea Tree Oil:
This oil is known to possess an excellent antibacterial property. It contains antiviral and antibacterial compounds that help fight against vaginal and skin infections which are triggered by bacteria.
Dilute the tea tree oil or mix it with other ingredients like aloe vera before application and in case of rashes, immediately stop using this.
3. Aloe Vera:
Aloe vera contains anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, which make it effective in treating against bacterial infection. Further, it also helps in cooling the skin from the damage and also boosts your immunity. This is one of the best home remedies for bacterial infection.
Garlic is enriched with antibacterial properties and makes an excellent home remedy for treating bacterial infections. It is good to eat 4-5 garlic cloves per day. Garlic tea is another home remedy to treat infections. This remedy is your answer on how to get rid of a bacterial infection fast.
Organic honey has the capability to treat respiratory and skin infections and also cools the affected area. Drinking honey with a glass of warm water helps to soothe and reduce the sore. It is also the best treatment for cough and other respiratory-related bacterial infections.
As an initial treatment, applying honey on the affected area will also prevent the bad bacteria from entering into the body.
Ginger is known to be effective in treating both stomach and respiratory infections. It will help cool the body as well as boost the blood circulation. Ginger also helps in reducing the number of bad bacteria in the body.
Boosting the blood circulation will help reduce the pain caused by the bacterial infection. This was noted in the study 'Standardized ginger (Zingiber officinale) extract reduces bacterial load and suppresses acute and chronic inflammation in Mongolian gerbils infected with cagA+ Helicobacter pylori'.
Lemon is very adept at treating respiratory infection. Lemon helps in removing the mucus that is accumulated in the respiratory tract. Drinking lemon juice also helps in getting rid of the bacteria that are trapped in the mucous membrane.
Lemon also contains a lot of vitamin C that helps combat allergy and asthma.
8. Baking Soda:
Baking soda is known to have powerful antibacterial property. Due to its ability to regulate the pH balance of the skin and the body, baking soda has the capacity to treat infections caused by bacteria. It can help treat respiratory and intestinal bacterial infections. This will let you know how to get rid of a bacterial infection without antibiotics.
Turmeric contains curcumin that is enriched with antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Turmeric paste is also known to treat bacterial skin infections.
For this purpose, you can apply it on the affected area and wash it off with warm water after a while. This is also confirmed in the study 'Therapeutic Uses Of Curcuma Longa (turmeric).
10. Apple Cider Vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar is known to have antibacterial and anti-infective function to fight against the bacterial infection. ACV also has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help regulate the pH balance of the skin and the body and help disrupt the bacterial cell.
Probiotics help in increasing the amount of good bacteria in the body and also reduce the functioning of the bad bacteria. It also gives the body the required strength and immunity to fight off the bacterial infection.
Taking fresh yogurt with live cultures will help with this. This is one of the best natural home remedies for the treatment of bacterial infection.
- insyncAustralian Scientists Discover Superworms That Digest Styrofoam, Offering Hope For Plastic Waste Management
- wellnessGerman Scientists Develop Bacterial Microrobots To Combat Cancer Without Any Pain And Tears
- disorders cureMeningococcal Meningitis Outbreak In The US Has Killed A Quarter Of People: All About The Condition
- disorders cureTyphoid-Causing Bacteria Have Become Increasingly Resistant To Essential Antibiotics: Lancet Study
- wellnessAMU Researchers Find 'Dangerous' Drug Resistant Bacterial Gene In Hospital Waste
- wellnessBacteria In Urine May Signal Aggressive Prostate Cancer: Study
- disorders cureWhat Are The Common Diseases Caused By Bacteria In Humans?
- disorders cureWhat Is Typhoid Fever? Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Complications, Treatments And Prevention
- wellnessWorld Toilet Day 2020: Infections You Can Catch From A Dirty Toilet
- healthBacteria Part Of The Immune System Could Provide Antivirals Against COVID-19, Influenza
- disorders cureBrucellosis Outbreak In China: Bacterial Infection That Can Leave Men Infertile And Cause Fever
- wellnessHow To Treat Intertrigo: Safe And Effective Home Remedies