- 7 min ago Osteoporosis Diet For Women: Foods To Eat & Foods To Avoid
- 1 hr ago Human Coronavirus: An Outbreak Of New Viral Disease In China
- 2 hrs ago Shraddha Kapoor Opts For A Sassy Street-Style Outfit For Her Visit To Gurudwara Bangla Sahib
- 3 hrs ago Hina Khan Looks Refreshing In Her White Dress But Let's Not Ignore That Quirky Accessory
- News MP collector row: Congress seeks apology from BJP
- Sports Want to play Jadeja's role for Bengal and RCB, says 'Hattrick Man' Shahbaz Ahmed
- Technology AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT GPU Review: Efficient And Sufficient For 1080p Gaming
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 114 Synopsis: Hina To Bring A Major Twist; Who’ll Be Win The Task-Arti Or Rashami?
- Automobiles MG ZS Electric SUV Registers 2,800 Units In Bookings Within 27 Days Of Unveil
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Finance How To Start Amul Ice Cream Parlor In India
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
When you're down with cold, cough or any other kind of an infection, then you might immediately go for a bottle of cold medicine in your cabinet.
Did you know that nature has provided with some natural remedies for cold and cough that will help boost immunity, fight infection and also promote lung health?
In this article, we have listed some of the top herbs that can help repair lung damage, fight infections as well as boost your lung's health.
If you're resorting to conventional medicine to address these infections with antibiotics, you're not only complicating the problems with antibiotic resistance (which your body will develop), but you're also doing very little to address the issue.
Herbal medicines are not only known to boost lung health, but they can also heal the infections and repair lung damage.
Scroll further to see some of the best known herbs that can help fight infections and boost lung health.
It contains a compound called cineole that fights to ease cough, fights congestion and also soothes irritated sinus passages. This is one of the best plants to fight infection.
2. Licorice Root:
This root softens the mucous membrane in the throat, lungs and stomach. It also helps to cleanse any inflamed mucous membrane and also naturally reduces the irritation in the throat. This is one of the top herbs to repair lung damage.
3. Osha Root:
This root contains of camphor and other compounds that can provide the best lung support. Osha root also increases blood circulation to the lungs and makes the passage easier to take in deep breaths.
This herb helps to fight chest congestion, as it contains powerful antiseptic properties. It is also a natural antibiotic and antifungal. Drinking thyme tea helps in the cleansing of bacteria and viruses from the body and hence prevents infections.
Oregano contains vitamins and nutrients that support a healthy immune system. It contains carvacrol and rosmarinic acid that are compounds that act as natural decongestants and histamine reducers.
It can be used as a natural remedy to clear excess mucus from the lungs. Mullein make a powerful herbal extract that has the ability to cleanse the bronchial tube and also reduces inflammation in the respiratory tract.
It contains menthol that soothes the muscles of the respiratory tract and helps with easy breathing. It also works as a natural decongestant that helps the body to fight off illnesses.
This can be used to treat lung problems and respiratory illnesses. This herb has rich aromatic properties that can soothe lung disorders and also clear sinuses.
9. Plantain Leaf:
This leaf contains antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. It also acts as an anti-inflammatory agent. It helps to relieve dry cough by diluting the mucus that is produced in the lungs.