- 20 min ago Nupur Sanon And Tara Sutaria Gave Us Wedding Wear Goals With Their Gorgeous Designer Lehengas
- 42 min ago From Dutee Chand To Alia Bhatt, Here Are Amazing Stylish Vogue Photoshoots Of The Leading Celebs
- 43 min ago Diwali 2019: WhatsApp And Facebook Messages To Send To Your Loved Ones
- 50 min ago Malaika Arora Is A Sight To Behold In A Thick Blue Winged Eyeliner Look
- News Congress knocks EC's door over EVMs; Digvijay suggests "reliable system" for future
- Movies Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Deepika Padukone & Others Vote In Maharashtra Elections
- Travel Hidlumane Waterfalls - How To Reach And Things To Do
- Sports MotoGP analysis: How Marquez escaped from the clutches of Quartararo at Motegi
- Technology GTA 6 Expected To Release By 2020 - Vice City Might Make A Comeback
- Finance Reliance Jio Marginally Cuts Prices Of Some Tariff Packs And Adjusts IUC
- Automobiles Honda CBR 650R Sold Out In India: Bookings For The Motorcycle Put On Hold Temporarily
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
When you're down with cold, cough or any other kind of an infection, then you might immediately go for a bottle of cold medicine in your cabinet.
Did you know that nature has provided with some natural remedies for cold and cough that will help boost immunity, fight infection and also promote lung health?
In this article, we have listed some of the top herbs that can help repair lung damage, fight infections as well as boost your lung's health.
If you're resorting to conventional medicine to address these infections with antibiotics, you're not only complicating the problems with antibiotic resistance (which your body will develop), but you're also doing very little to address the issue.
Herbal medicines are not only known to boost lung health, but they can also heal the infections and repair lung damage.
Scroll further to see some of the best known herbs that can help fight infections and boost lung health.
It contains a compound called cineole that fights to ease cough, fights congestion and also soothes irritated sinus passages. This is one of the best plants to fight infection.
2. Licorice Root:
This root softens the mucous membrane in the throat, lungs and stomach. It also helps to cleanse any inflamed mucous membrane and also naturally reduces the irritation in the throat. This is one of the top herbs to repair lung damage.
3. Osha Root:
This root contains of camphor and other compounds that can provide the best lung support. Osha root also increases blood circulation to the lungs and makes the passage easier to take in deep breaths.
This herb helps to fight chest congestion, as it contains powerful antiseptic properties. It is also a natural antibiotic and antifungal. Drinking thyme tea helps in the cleansing of bacteria and viruses from the body and hence prevents infections.
Oregano contains vitamins and nutrients that support a healthy immune system. It contains carvacrol and rosmarinic acid that are compounds that act as natural decongestants and histamine reducers.
It can be used as a natural remedy to clear excess mucus from the lungs. Mullein make a powerful herbal extract that has the ability to cleanse the bronchial tube and also reduces inflammation in the respiratory tract.
It contains menthol that soothes the muscles of the respiratory tract and helps with easy breathing. It also works as a natural decongestant that helps the body to fight off illnesses.
This can be used to treat lung problems and respiratory illnesses. This herb has rich aromatic properties that can soothe lung disorders and also clear sinuses.
9. Plantain Leaf:
This leaf contains antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. It also acts as an anti-inflammatory agent. It helps to relieve dry cough by diluting the mucus that is produced in the lungs.