It's winter time right now! The time for snow, bonfires, and warm cups of chocolate milk with marshmallows floating in them.
Unfortunately, the cold also brings with it the dreaded flu. And if you are reading this, then chances are good that you are down with it or are taking care of someone else who is.
So we will not waste time dillydallying any longer and get straight to the point - how to make a powerful and all-natural ginger, honey, lemon cough remedy at home with a bit of apple cider vinegar in it to strengthen your system.
You Will Need:-
- 5 tsp of grated ginger
- 1/4th cup of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup of honey
- 4 - 5 tspof apple cider vinegar
Take 5 teaspoons of grated ginger and put it in a clean bowl.
Ginger belongs to the same family of plants as turmeric and is a powerful anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial agent capable of drawing out the inflammation in your respiratory tract and improving your appetite.
Add ½ cup of raw honey to this and mix it well. Honey is great for sore throats as it coats the irritated area and reduces coughing spells.
Allow the ginger to infuse into the honey for at least 8 hours.
Make sure you cover the mixture with a lid to prevent contamination.
Add 1/4th cup of extra virgin olive oil to this ginger-infused honey and stir well.
Just like honey, olive oil coats your throat and reduces soreness. Plus, it has less viscosity compared to honey and so is a great diluent.
Add 4 - 5 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to this mixture. Mix everything well.
Take a sieve and strain out this mixture into a clean jar. Press into it with a spoon to aid the flow of the mixture.
Store this in an air-tight jar in a cold, hygienic, and dry place away from direct sunlight. Use it within 6 weeks.
Instructions: Give the mixture a stir before having a spoonful at room temperature or slightly heated up. Have it three times a day for best results.
Share This Article!
People everywhere are falling sick. So do your friends a favor and share this article. Who knows when they might need it next?
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- SC To Deliver Verdict On Countrywide Ban On Firecrackers Today
- OnePlus 6T Will Have A Better Low-Light Camera: Camera Sample Teased
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- This Is How You Can Include Essential Oils In Your Skin Care Routine
- Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone's November Wedding: Inside Details That You Just Can't Miss!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Bajrang Punia Settles For Silver In World Wrestling Championships; Loses To Japanese Teen In Finals
- Deadline To File September GST Returns Extended By 5 Days