- 22 min ago Hanuman Jayanti 2021: Quotes, Messages And Wishes To Share On This Day
- 1 hr ago Flashback Friday: Decoding Smita Patil’s Fashion From The Movie Mirch Masala
- 2 hrs ago 8 Fashion Lessons To Take From Kriti Sanon’s Instagram Feed To Elevate Your Style
- 6 hrs ago Kamada Ekadashi 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- Movies Salman Khan's Radhe Trailer Kickstarts Meme Fest; Trolls Say 'Another Pandemic Has Hit Us'
- News Chennai Photo Biennale's third edition announces grant for conservation photography
- Education JKSSB Result 2021 Released For Various Posts Under PM Package
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Announces Cool Your Car Campaign For Its Customers: Details & More!
- Sports IPL 2021: Kevin Pietersen feels Rajasthan Royals overpaid for Chris Morris at auction
- Finance COVID Crises: Banks To Work From 10AM-2PM, Offering Only Basic Services
- Technology How To Check BSNL Bharat Fibre And AirFibre Data Usage
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In April 2021
What you eat and drink has a great role in defining your health! Kidney is one of the main organs that directly depends on the quality of your food. Kidney filters and removes all unwanted impurities from the body. When the quantity of these substances increase, kidney will have to do extra work. The harmful substances that are present in these foods can cause permanent damage to the kidneys.
So, now that you are clear about the importance of taking healthy vegetables and fruits, we will discuss more about some of the fruits you need to eat to keep the kidneys healthy.
With the World Health Day coming up, we will be explaining about the action of each fruit on the kidneys that differs depending on the ingredients and nutritional values of each of them.
There are fruits that help to cleanse kidneys from harmful toxins which enter our body from various sources. Some others can help to reduce the risk of kidney stone formation by the action of the pH of urine.
You can include these fruits in your diet in the form of juice, sauce or fresh fruits. Dried fruits may not give the same effect that you are expecting from fresh ones. So, go through this list of fruits you need to eat to keep your kidneys in a healthy state.
Nothing can take the first place of an apple when you consider its abundant health benefits. One medium-sized apple with skin has 158 mg of potassium and 10 mg of phosphorus. At the same time, the most interesting factor is that it has no sodium.
The property of watermelon is to clean your kidney from toxins that accumulate in your body from various factors. This makes it one of the fruits you need to eat to keep the kidneys healthy.
The high content of antioxidants called anthocyanins and ellagitannins will help to protect your kidneys from oxidative damage. This is by removing harmful free radicals that otherwise cause kidney damage on constant exposure to free radicals.
Add cherries to your salad and avail their abundant health benefits. Half serving of cherries contains enough nutrients that can protect your kidney. Make cherries a part of your daily diet to get the maximum benefit.
No doubt, banana is one of the fruits you need to eat to keep the kidneys healthy. This is due to the high amount of potassium and other nutrients present in this easily available fruit.
Avocados reduce the risk of stone formation in the kidneys. This is due to its high amount of potassium that helps to reduce the amount of excretion of calcium.
Papaya is one of the popular home remedies for kidney health. Include papaya in your diet either whole or in the form of a salad to avail its maximum benefits.
Orange juice has the power to reduce the urine acidity. This is by increasing the level of citrate in the urine. This will in turn reduce the chance of kidney stones.
9. Red Grapes
A recent study showed that grapes can even act in reversing the kidney damage, which most the other foods may not be able to. This makes it one of the fruits you need to eat to keep your kidneys healthy.
You can take cranberries in the form of juice, sauce or as a fruit. In all these forms, cranberry has outstanding properties to prevent kidney diseases, starting from treating urinary tract infection. Serious UTI will otherwise affect the kidneys directly.