- 3 hrs ago Sebaceous Horn (Devil’s Horn): Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Treatment, And Prevention
- 4 hrs ago Exclusive: Fashion Guru Prasad Bidapa Shares The Secret For Glowing And Flawless Skin
- 4 hrs ago Priyanka Chopra Jonas, Kareena Kapoor Khan, And Other Best And Worst Dressed Celebs Of This Week
- 4 hrs ago Cyberchondria: How The Internet Can Affect Your Mental Health
- News Pakistan could lose in a conventional war with India, says Imran Khan
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Preview: Dabang Delhi seek revenge against Gujarat Fortunegiants
- Movies Following Chennai Techie’s Death, Vijay Says No Hoardings Will Be Put Up For Bigil Promotions
- Technology How To Unlock Wallpapers On Oneplus Smartphones
- Automobiles Tata Motors Announces Discounts & Benefits Of Up To Rs 1.50 Lakh On Select Models
- Finance Govt Employees Will Get Housing Advance At Lower Interest Rates
- Education HSSC Clerk Admit Card 2019 Released
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Certain foods or the nutrients present in the foods can reduce or decrease bone density. This is the main reason that paves a way for osteoporosis.
This article will present you with the list of foods that can cause osteoporosis. It is a well-known fact that calcium and Vitamin D are necessary to build strong bones. Some foods can be the reason for weak bones as a result of lowered bone density.
Also read: Top Foods That Prevent Osteoporosis Risk
There are certain foods you need to stop having in order to avoid osteoporosis. All that you need to keep in mind is to be aware of the list of foods to avoid while on the road to preventing osteoporosis.
Further, you must be aware that eating a well-balanced diet, with plenty of dairy, fish, fruits and vegetables will give you enough amount of good nutrients that are required to build and increase the bone density.
Eating too much of protein can produce certain chemicals called sulphates, that may cause calcium to leach out the bones. You also need to learn to tailor your diet to compensate for the amount of nutrients that you tend to lose due to some blunder in your diet choice.
Continue reading, in order to know about the foods that can cause osteoporosis.
1. Too Much Protein:
As mentioned above, the sulphate present in proteinaceous food causes the bones to leach out the calcium from the bones. Hence, you'll have to keep in mind to avoid overeating protein-rich foods that can cause osteoporosis.
2. Caffeinated Drinks:
A recent study stated that drinking too much of coffee (more than 4-5 cups) in day increased the risk of bone fractures. It is okay to indulge in your coffee cravings, but there is a certain limit for everything. Cola and diet cola beverages also stir bone loss in women.
3. Retinol Form OF Vitamin A:
Researches have confirmed that women taking Vitamin A in doses exceeding 3000 micrograms will face an increase in the risk of suffering from a hip fracture. The retinol form of Vitamin A can be foods like liver, egg yolk, dairy products and dietary supplements.
4. Sodium-rich Foods:
Too much sodium in the diet will lead to the excretion of calcium through urine and perspiration. Sodium can be found in table salts and processed foods.
This is another form of salt that can prevent you from absorbing calcium into the bones, if the oxalates and calcium are in the same food product. Rhubarb and sweet potatoes are examples of foods that contain oxalates.
6. Wheat Bran:
Wheat bran is a kind of food that reduces the absorption of calcium even when eaten along with a calcium-rich food. It contains phytates that interferes with the process of absorption of calcium in the body.
Excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages can be associated with lowered bone density in the body, as alcohol interferes with the absorption of calcium and Vitamin D into the bones.