- 51 min ago Dog Bite: From First Aid Treatment To Preventing It, Here's All You Need To Know
- 2 hrs ago UK-based Same-sex Couple Become The First To Carry Baby In Both Of Their Wombs Through IVF
- 2 hrs ago Neena Gupta's Frock Look Is Winning The Internet And We Love It
- 2 hrs ago Ananya Panday’s Bronze Make-up Look For Star Screen Awards Is A Red Carpet Win
- Sports Ranji Trophy: Uthappa hundred takes Kerala to 276/3 as Delhi spinners falter on opening day
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 64 - Will Madhurima And Vishal Give A Second Chance To Their Broken Relationship?
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A51, A71, S10 Lite, Note 10 Lite Prices Leak
- News Honeypreet meets Sirsa Dera chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim at Rohtak jail
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Finance Petrol Price Rises To One-Year High; Price In Delhi Rs. 75/Lt
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Each one of us has suffered from a headache of various degrees from time to time. However, the reason behind a headache may differ, but the pain and suffering during this period remain the same.
The most common reach to treat headaches is having some coffee, tea or sugar, so that it suppress the tension that is created inside the head.
Also Read: Essential Oils For Migraine Headache
However, this article is out of the reach of these small home remedies, because we would be deeply discussing the different types of essential oils to soothe headaches.
For those who have chronic or serious headaches, seeking advice from a medical expert for proper medication is suggested. So, have a look at the different essential oils that can help soothe a headache effectively.
Also Read: How To Prepare Your Own Oil Rub For Headache
1. Rose Essential Oil
Rose oil is one of the most common and effective essential oils that helps to soothe the temples on the face. It helps to support a healthy stress response and also limits the tension of nerves. Rose oil is also used to restore confidence, treat headaches, overcome emotional trauma and insomnia in a person. Rub some rose oil on your temples before going to sleep to alleviate stress completely.
2. Chamomile Essential Oil
Chamomile essential oil helps to soothe the nerves in the body and also encourages a human body to relax. It helps to calm down the nerves, mind, and muscles. Due to its diuretic properties, chamomile helps to encourage urination and detoxification of a human body. Chamomile helps to calm down a headache and also deal with anger issues in a person.
3. Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint essential oil is known for its exceptional cooling and soothing effects on the skin and its ability to clear the mind. It helps to stimulate blood flow and inhibits the muscle contractions. Rubbing peppermint oil can help to treat headaches caused by tension and also help to soothe the nerves. Regular use of peppermint oil aids to reduce headaches.
4. Lavender Essential Oil
Due to calming effects, lavender essential oil can be used to combat anxiety, hypertension, depression and headache in a person. Due to linalyl acetate and linalool present in lavender oil, it helps to work on the nervous system well. You should carefully apply lavender oil on the temples or on the neck when you feel a headache is just going to start.
5. Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Eucalyptus essential oil is an excellent remedy that helps to treat a headache. Due to excellent expectorant qualities in eucalyptus essential oil, it helps to treat a headache caused by sinus congestion or pressure. According to studies, this magical oil helps to decrease the tension and maintain the blood pressure in the body. It is an effective remedy to combat headaches.
6. Roman Chamomile Essential Oil
Due to analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties found in Roman chamomile essential oil, it helps to treat neuralgic pain as well as helps to calm down anxiety and stress in a person. Roman chamomile essential oil is excellent to treat a migraine and headache problem. Apply some Roman chamomile essential oil on the temples and wrap your head with the help of a warm towel. Leave it overnight and you can feel its effect in the morning.
7. Melissa Oil
Melissa helps to rejuvenate your mood when you are stuck with the worst sort of headache. Melissa oil helps to calm down your nerves and also soothe the pain caused by headaches and migraines. Melissa oil is effective on cold and cough as well. It also helps to clear the respiratory tract, and it eases the symptoms of sinus blockage and cold.