- 1 hr ago A 12-Year-Old Colour-Blind Boy Gets Emotional After He Sees Colours For The First Time
- 4 hrs ago Hina Khan’s Mesmerising Blue Eye Make-up Is All You Need To Slay This Holiday Season
- 5 hrs ago Rasika Dugal's Black Outfit Can Easily Elevate Your Formal Look
- 7 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Trends Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh, Kareena Kapoor & More
- Movies Shah Rukh Khan Opens Up About Recent Failures: 'I Got Fired By Audience For Not Making Them Happy'
- Sports Have a lot of respect for Sourav and to hell with those who don't understand: Ravi Shastri
- News CAB protest: UGC NET exam in Assam, Meghalaya postponed; govt employees to cease work on Dec 18
- Technology How To Get Numeric Keypad In Windows
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Before we get into the nuances of what Vertigo is, let us try to erase one common false notion prevalent amongst us regarding this disorder.
Vertigo is actually a dizzy feeling that is not associated with heights. The medical term for the fear of heights is "acrophobia". Now that this common false belief is cleared, let us now understand what Vertigo really is.
Vertigo is a condition wherein you feel as if you are spinning around or the surrounding world is spinning around with respect to you.
In short, it is a total feeling of dizziness and imbalance. This disorder can be caused due to several reasons; the primary amongst those is the calcium deposits in the inner ear which disrupt the balance of the human body.
This condition is called BBPV (Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo). It may also be caused by Meniere's disease (building up of fluid and pressure changes in the inner ear) or Labyrinthitis (viral infection in the inner ear). In short, if the inner ear gets affected, then you might be prone to vertigo.
Now let us have a quick look on how to effectively get rid of this unique disorder. Though there may be several medications and surgeries available for treating vertigo, it is always preferred to set right the root cause of this problem for its total elimination.
1. Having A Sound Sleep:
A good night's sleep is really a must for people with Vertigo or for that matter for anyone of us. A sleepless night may cause one to be extra sensitive to the happenings in the surroundings. It might also lead to tiredness, the next day, to do all our daily chores. So, remember to do all the necessary activities to get a sound sleep and avoid those which will let you stay awake.
2. Keeping Oneself Hydrated:
Dehydration and vertigo go hand in hand. Let us see how this is ascertained. According to Joshua Gowin PhD, a delicate balance between the water and other elements is necessary for the proper functioning of the brain cells. When this balance gets disrupted, the human body's functioning goes awry. A consumption of at least two liters of fluids is a must to keep vertigo at bay. So, what stops you from getting hydrated and staying away from this uncomfortable disorder?
3. Chewing Basil Leaves:
This is a unique herbal remedy to eliminate Vertigo. Let us see how! Basil leaves are endowed with aromatherapy and several medicinal properties that help us to stay free from this disorder. Chewing one to two basil leaves on an empty stomach can lead to best results! Also, inhaling boiling fluids like milk or water mixed with basil leaves can also lead to a cure!
4. Drinking Ginger Tea:
Ginger is another natural remedy for this problem. Researches show that ginger has many positive effects in curing vertigo. Being an age-old remedy for motion sickness and nausea, ginger has all the necessary properties to cure dizziness! So, at the initial onset of vertigo, it is wise to consume a nice cup of steaming hot ginger tea and eliminate its symptoms!
5. Drinking Almond Milk:
The nutritional elements of almond, like vitamins E and B, fibres and carbohydrates make almonds an effective source to treat this serious problem. By soaking almonds overnight, removing its peel, grinding it into a paste and mixing it with milk, one can make delicious almond milk, which serves as a sure treatment for vertigo.
These remedial measures can be taken by anyone at home, as they are really very simple to be followed to keep this uncomfortable and embarrassing disorder at bay.