- 12 min ago International Aviation Day 2019: Significance Behind Celebrating This Day
- 37 min ago Deepika Padukone, Kangana Ranaut And Other Divas Have Wedding-Perfect Neckpieces For Us
- 46 min ago 8 Myths About Live-In Relationships And Facts You Are Unsure About
- 7 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 07 December 2019
- Automobiles Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- News Statue of Unity surpasses daily average footfall at Statue of Liberty
- Movies Most-Viewed Tamil Movies Of 2019 On OTT Platforms: Viswasam Tops The List!
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S11+ Battery And Display Features Tipped
- Sports Virat Kohli gets brutally honest with his batting: 'Young batsmen, don't watch'
- Finance SEBI Directs LIC, BoB And SBI To Reduce Stake In UTI AMC
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
Water is the best medicine that can cure many diseases. Drinking water can do a lot more than what your medicine can do.
Major part of our body is made up of water, hence water is very essential for the proper functioning of our body.
Water is important not only for keeping the cells healthy, but also for removing unwanted toxins from the body.
Water will help to keep your skin healthy, excrete toxins from the body, support healthy metabolism, boost energy, lubricate the joints, improve your mood and support digestion.
We usually talk about boiled water, as it is free of infectious agents. But, do you know that cold water also has some specific health benefits?
You don't have to drink cold water to get its benefits. You can apply it directly or can take a cool shower to avail the benefits.
Getting a cold water shower in the morning will make you feel fresh for the whole day. Cold water doesn't mean that it should be ice cold.
Cold water will cool down your body during this peak summer. It also helps in curing some diseases by reducing blood flow, promoting detoxification, and supporting the digestive system.
Here, we will talk about the health benefits of cold water.
Gout is a disease that is caused by the accumulation of uric acid. This mainly affects the joints. Drinking more cold water will help to eliminate the uric acid effectively from your body. This will help to prevent serious issues like gout.
2. Relieve Pain
Cold water is the best option to relieve pain. Apply cold water with a towel or wash the area with cold water directly to relieve pain. Cold water reduces blood flow to the muscles and will ease pain.
3. Improves Fertility
Male fertility is mostly dependent on the cool temperature of the testes. But due to occupational needs like sitting for a long time or driving long distances daily, it will be difficult to maintain the temperature properly. Sitting in a container of cold water is the best treatment that will work.
4. Urinary Tract Infections
Minor urinary tract infections can be cured just by taking more water. Drinking water will help to flush out the bacteria effectively. The more frequent you fill your bladder and urinate, the faster you will get cured.
5. Kidney Stones
Kidney stones can occur due to various reasons. But, one single powerful treatment for preventing or treating kidney diseases is water. Drink cold water more frequently.
6. Eye Care
Experts recommend to wash eyes more frequently with cold water. This will help to relax your eyes and will remove the dust and dirt that can cause an eye irritation. For minor eye irritation, cold water is the cure.
Cold water can calm down your digestive system. It will help to manage heart burn and other discomforts related to acidity. Drinking one glass of cold water just after you wake up will help.
8. Treat Dry Skin
Hot water is the major culprit for your dry skin. When left untreated, this will change from a beauty issue to a health issue. But, taking a shower in cold water will effectively help in treating dry skin and its associated complications.