The menstruation cycles come with a lot of problems, which is common in women. Having irregular periods for months can be a worry for a woman, which is faced by a large number of girls in today's time.
The average period of a woman's menstrual cycle is from 21 to 35 days. However, if the interval lasts for more than 35 days, which varies from month to month, then you are very likely to experience irregular periods.
A wide range of factors can affect your periods that include significant weight gain or weight loss, miscarriage, excessive use of alcohol, drugs or smoking, physical weakness, stress, medical history, intense exercise, and unhealthy lifestyle choices.
Apart from these common problems, there are other causes too. Poor diet, polycystic ovary, hyperthyroidism, hormonal imbalance, menopause, anaemia, tuberculosis, liver disease and uterine abnormalities can also cause irregular menstrual cycles.
Here is a list of 20 home remedies on how to overcome irregular periods naturally. Take a look.
Calendula is another term for garden marigold, which is a rich source of flavonoids and quercetin that balance the blood circulation in the body. Calendula contains analgesic properties that relieve premenstrual pain.
- Add 2 grams of dried marigold flowers to a cup of boiling water.
- Let it steep and strain this mixture and consume it twice a day.
2. Sugarcane Juice
Sugarcane juice is a great remedy for irregular periods. Sugarcane is rich in fibre and balances the hormones, thereby avoiding irregularity in periods.
- Drink sugarcane juice for a week prior to your periods to regularize the menstrual cycle.
3. Vitamin C
If you are having irregular periods include vitamin C in your diet. It is because vitamin C leads to high concentration of oestrogen being released in your body. This causes an increase in the uterine contractions that help to start your period early.
- You can either take supplements of vitamin C.
- You can include foods that are rich in vitamin C.
Asafoetida is a popular and natural remedy in treating irregular periods. Asafoetida contains medical compounds that can help to regulate your periods.
- Add a small amount of powdered asafoetida and fry it in the clarified butter.
- Add this mixture to the milk with a dash of honey and drink it.
5. Sesame Seeds
Sesame seeds produce heat in the body, which has the ability to regularise your periods. The seeds also soothe menstrual cramps and ease muscle fibre contraction.
- Crush the sesame seeds into a fine powder.
- Pour the powder into a tablespoon of honey.
- Mix it well and consume it daily.
Parsley is considered as one of the most effective home remedies for treating menstruation problems. It contains apiol, which is responsible for regulating and normalizing your menstrual cycle. Drinking a glass of parsley juice every day will turn your menstrual cycle to be organized properly.
- In a blender, add crushed parsley and coriander leaves.
- You can add sugar or honey to enhance the taste.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar reduces the blood sugar levels and insulin that helps regulate the periods naturally.
- Add 1-2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar to a glass of water and have it daily to avoid irregular periods.
8. Bitter Gourd
No one likes to eat bitter gourd, but you will be amazed to know that this vegetable is loaded with anti-microbial, anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties. This vegetable is beneficial for your system and it helps deal with irregular periods.
- Drink bitter gourd juice once or twice a day for two weeks.
RELATED: Beauty Benefits Of Bitter Gourd
Ginger helps regulate regular monthly periods in women. It is a powerful ingredient and consists of healing properties that promote menstrual flow and prevent menstruation cramps.
- Boil 1 tbsp of fresh ground ginger with water for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar and drink the mixture three times a day.
Turmeric does a great job in balancing the hormones of your body. The anti-inflammatory properties and antispasmodic properties in turmeric reduce period cramps and ensure a proper menstrual cycle.
- Add ¼th tsp of turmeric to a glass of milk.
- Add honey and drink it daily.
Grapes are considered useful for regularizing irregular periods. It is a great source of vitamin A, vitamin C and copper.
- You can have raw grapes or you can make it into a juice and drink it.
Saffron works great in the female reproductive system and maintains normal hormone levels. In case you have your irregular periods, you can try out this saffron mixture.
- In a half cup of water, boil 1 tsp of saffron. Drink this mixture thrice a day.
- You can also add saffron to a glass of milk as well.
Figs are consumed by many women to fix their irregular periods. They consist of several essential minerals like copper, potassium, manganese and calcium. Fresh fig juice is known to cure irregular periods.
- Add 5 figs in a cup of boiling water.
- Strain this decoction and drink it daily.
- You can make fresh fig juice as well.
14. Raw Papaya
Raw papaya does a fabulous job in normalizing your menstrual cycle. It contains essential nutrients like vitamins A, C, calcium, and iron. It also has anti inflammatory properties that bring relief to menstrual pain.
- You can eat raw papaya in the form of a salad or you can drink the papaya juice.
The warming effect of cinnamon is a very crucial factor in reducing menstrual cramps and in improving the regularity of periods.
- Add ½ a tsp of cinnamon powder to a glass of milk.
- Drink this daily for a couple of weeks.
16. Cumin Seeds
The magic of cumin seeds is that it regulates the menstrual cycle by heating up the body and unblocks the vessels, thereby it is effective in regularizing normal blood flow.
- Grind cumin seeds in powder form and add 1 tbsp of honey.
- Consume this mixture daily.
Carrots are a great source of iron that helps in regularizing a proper blood flow. Carrots or carrot juice is good for treating irregular periods. One of the easiest ways is to have them in your diet regularly or you can drink carrot juice daily.
18. Fennel Seeds
Fennel seeds are effective in promoting a proper menstrual flow. It also consists of antispasmodic properties that relieve cramps associated with premenstrual syndrome.
- In a bowl of water, soak 2 tbsp of fennel seeds overnight.
- Strain this solution and drink it.
19. Coriander Seeds
Coriander seeds contain emmenagogue properties, a substance that stimulates menstrual flow. Apart from stimulating the menstrual flow, it can also promote menstruation.
- Boil 1 tsp of coriander seeds in half a cup of water.
- Strain the solution and drink it twice a day.
20. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is another effective home remedy for irregular periods. It boosts the production of hormones and helps in having a regular menstrual cycle.
- Take aloe vera gel and mix it with 1 tbsp of honey.
- Have this mixture before breakfast.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your loved ones too.
- Top 12 Foods That Are Rich In Folate
- Homemade Vegetable Face Packs For Glowing Skin
- 20 Immune-boosting Winter Foods To Strengthen Your Immunity
- 20 Foods That Lower Blood Pressure Quickly & Naturally
- Red Lentil And Carrot Soup Recipe: How To Prepare Spiced Carrot And Lentil Soup
- 10 Face Mask Recipes That Can Boost Your Skin’s Collagen
- Gajar Ka Halwa Recipe: How To Prepare Carrot Halwa
- Carrot Kheer Recipe: How To Make Carrot Payasam
- Here Is A Completely Natural Remedy To Cure Stomach Ache!
- Carrot And Cardamom Shortcake Recipe: How To Prepare Carrot Pudding
- Remedies For Excessive Blinking
- Why Radish Juice Must Be A Part of Your Diet?
- Amazing Inexpensive Products You Need To Add To Your Skin Care Now!