Fever is a natural response to any pathogenic bacteria and viruses that attack the body. Fever is a symptom of another condition or illness. It occurs when your body is fighting an infection caused by a cold or flu.
It can also occur due to many reasons; autoimmune disorders, ear infections, certain inflammatory diseases, or a sudden change in the weather and unhygienic lifestyle may also cause fever.
When the body's temperature is higher than the normal range, it is termed as fever. In adults, when the body temperature exceeds 99 to 99.5 degrees F, or 37.2 to 37.5 degrees C then it is a sign of fever.
There are some of the common symptoms of fever which include weakness, sweating, headache, muscle ache, dehydration, loss of appetite and a slight shivering.
If a fever is making you uncomfortable and you want to get rid of it, you can try out these 10 simple and easy Indian home remedies for fever.
Basil leaves are an effective home remedy to bring down fever. The leaves have powerful antibiotic, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties that work effectively for the treatment of fever.
- Mix 1 tsp of basil with ¼ tsp of pepper in a cup of boiling water.
- Steep the tea for 5 minutes, strain and drink the tea till the fever comes down.
Garlic contains antibacterial and antiviral properties which help in lowering the body's temperature during fever. Allicin, a compound found in garlic kills the germs in the body that help to fight infections.
- Mince 1 garlic clove and add it to half a cup of hot water. Strain and drink it slowly twice a day.
Ginger is a miracle spice known for its antibacterial and antiviral properties that help in treating fever. A compound called ajoene present in ginger helps in controlling bacterial and viral infections.
- Grate 1 inch of fresh ginger and add it to half a cup of boiling water.
- Add 2 tbsp of lemon juice and 1 tbsp of honey and drink it.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is another effective home remedy for treating fever. The alkaline properties found in apple cider vinegar balance the pH of the body and fight fever. It is also rich in minerals and hence it replenishes the body with minerals that get lost when you are down with fever.
- Mix 2 tsps of apple cider vinegar and 1 tbsp of honey in a glass of water and drink it twice a day.
Cinnamon is another flavourful spice that consists of antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties. This spice helps in curing fever, cough and cold.
- Mix 1 tbsp of honey with ½ tsp of freshly grounded cinnamon and have it thrice a day.
Honey is the greatest gift of mother nature that treats various kinds of ailments, especially fever. The antioxidants and anti-microbal properties help in treating fever instantly.
- Mix 1 tbsp of honey and 1 tbsp of lemon juice in a glass of warm water and sip it slowly.
Raisins are yummy and healthy snacks which can be eaten raw as well as can be used in cooking. Raisins are loaded with phenolic phytonutrients, which are known to have antioxidant and antibacterial properties.
- Soak 20-25 raisins in half a cup of water till the raisins are soft.
- Crush the soaked raisins and strain the liquid.
- Add the juice of a lime to this solution.
Consume it twice a day.
Turmeric works as an anti-inflammatory agent because of the curcumin compound present in it. It also works as an effective anti-viral and anti-bacterial agent that can fight fever.
- Add 2 tsps of turmeric powder to a glass of warm water and drink this.
9. Green Tea
Green tea has innumerable health benefits. The polyphenols and flavonoids present in green tea strengthen the immune system and help in fighting infectious agents.
- Dip a bag of green tea in half a cup of boiling water and enjoy with a tsp of honey.
10. Night Jasmine
Night jasmine is an effective natural remedy to cure fever. The leaves of the flowering plant have powerful anti-viral properties that help to fight the bacteria and viruses.
- Crush 5-8 leaves and extract the juice and consume it with a tsp of honey.
Share this article!
If you like reading this article, share it with your close ones.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- The First Sound From Mars — A Truly Special Acoustic Experience
- Hockey World Cup 2018: India Vs Canada: Live Updates & Highlights
- 8 Apps That You Should Probably Delete From Your Smartphone
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- Planning A High-Altitude Trekking? — Here's What You Should Know
- Banking Services On WhatsApp Are Catching Up
- A Woman Died Within Few Hours Of Giving Birth, But Saved 50 Lives!
- Katrina Opens Up About Attending Deepika-Ranveer's Reception