Hot flashes are experienced by women during their menopausal transition. It is often characterized by feelings of warmth, which tend to spread over the body. It is also accompanied by flushing (a phenomenon explaining the redness of the skin) and uncontrolled sweating.
This condition may occasionally occur due to other medical conditions too.
While there are a lot of complex hormonal and drug therapies, here are a few easy home remedies as well that can help to get rid of hot flashes and that too naturally!
#1 – Cool Environment
Maintain a cool and calm sleeping environment. Studies have shown that sleeping in a cool environment helps in minimizing the effects of a hot flash. Also, cotton bedclothes are a really effective way of tackling with hot flashes.
#2 – Soy And Plant Sources
Soy and other plant sources have also proved to be an effective measure of getting rid of hot flashes. Isoflavones found in soy and other plants like chick peas and lentils help to produce chemical compounds that are similar to oestrogen that is naturally secreted by the body. These compounds help in relieving the effect of hot flashes.
#3 – Black Cohosh Can Do Wonders!
Black cohosh is the herb that is gaining prominence amongst the American women for its widespread effectiveness. Unlike oestrogen-producing sources, which can aggravate chances of breast and uterus cancers, black cohosh is said to have a good safety record over the years. It is one of the most leading home remedies for getting rid of hot flashes.
#4 – Red Clover’s Effectiveness
Red clover is being studied as to whether it is helpful in treating hot flashes or not. But some women have claimed that it has been a very useful tool in getting rid of hot flashes. But we can't deny the fact that red clover has a detrimental effect on hormone-sensitive tissues.
#5 – Apple Cider Vinegar!
Consuming apple cider vinegar has proved to be an effective way of getting rid of hot flashes. Mix one spoon of diluted apple cider vinegar with half a spoon of baking soda in milk. This mixture should be consumed half an hour before every meal to gain an effective result.
#6 – Chaste Cherry’s Wonders!
Chaste Cherry is a vital way to get rid of hot flashes. Researchers have suggested a daily intake of chaste cherry in one's diet very effectively helps in curbing hot flashes. It helps in lowering the oestrogen level and in increasing the progesterone levels. One can consume it in the form of tablets or tinctures. But it is very important to consult a pharmacist for the correct dosage.
#7 - Lady Mantle’s Magic!
Lady's mantle is another herb which has the combined effect of not only reducing hot flashes but also in giving relief from heavy bleeding, cramps and balancing the hormonal level during menopause (which is also the prerequisite to getting rid of hot flashes).
#8 - The Chinese Way (Dong Quai)
Dong Quai is a Chinese herb that is largely effective in treating hot flashes. The herb's phytoestrogens might help by compensating the drop in oestrogen levels during menopause. It also helps in stabilizing the blood vessels, which help in relieving the symptoms of hot flashes.
#9 – Exotic Lavender Tea
Lavender tea, as exotic as the name may sound, has a lot of health benefits that can not only help in tackling hot flashes but also in helping one lead a healthy lifestyle. Having a cup of lavender tea before going to bed can decrease the chances of hot flashes to almost half. It also helps in treating anxiety, muscle spasms, headaches, etc., which are common symptoms of menopause that are caused due to changes in the hormone levels.
Simple Yet Effective Dos:
Apart from these specific herbs and natural supplements, here are a few simple ways in which one can get rid of hot flashes:
- Consume foods rich in Vitamin D, as they provide the necessary amount of calcium to tackle with hot flashes. Vitamins C and E also act as an added advantage to get rid of hot flashes.
- Sipping cold water slowly and steadily helps in getting rid of the warm feeling, which is the first symptom of a hot flash. It will give an instant relief.
- Wearing light bed clothes and sleeping in air conditioned rooms do a great deal when trying to get rid of hot flashes.
- Mild form of exercises is always recommended to enhance the overall well-being of the body. Incidentally, exercises, yoga and meditation help to curb the episodes of hot flashes, as obese people are more prone to getting hot flashes more frequently.
- Taking cool showers rather than bathing in hot water is yet another simple but effective way of getting rid of hot flashes.
What NOT To Do To Get Rid Of Hot Flashes?
- Avoid taking any form of stress, as it only aggravate the episodes of hot flashes.
- Give up on caffeinated drinks and substitute them with juices that are rich in vitamins.
- Avoid an unhealthy lifestyle consisting of smoking and consuming alcoholic beverages.
- Stay away from tight-fitted clothes, especially synthetic fabrics, to get rid of the episodes of hot flashes.
Share This Article!
Also, please don't forget to hit the like button to share this article with your loved ones to make their life easier.
- Here Are Some Tips To Stay Healthy During Floods
- These Veggies Help In Curbing Bowel Cancer, Study Reveals
- 5 Lesser-known Reasons Why You Always Catch A Cold
- Gastroparesis: A Mysterious Stomach Disorder You Should Know Of
- Is Mayonnaise Good For Your Health?
- When Is The Best Time To Drink Green Tea?
- 10 Common Types Of Depression & Their Symptoms
- Mediclaim Insurance Policy – What You Should Know
- Why Is Genetic Counselling Gaining Importance?
- Pressure Ulcers: Causes, Symptoms, Stages And Treatment
- These Eco-friendly Alternatives To Plastic Items Can Protect Your Health
- Here Is Everything You Need To Know About Vascular Dementia