- 9 hrs ago Coffee Drinkers Have 50% Less Risk Of Liver Cancer, Claims Study
- 10 hrs ago 12 Best Leg Exercises For Women To Try At Home
- 10 hrs ago Ananya Panday And Shanaya Kapoor’s Outfits Are Not Ideal For Parties But For Casual Gatherings
- 10 hrs ago 9 Traits Of November Born People That You May Not Know
- Movies Parineeti Chopra Drops Out Of Bhuj: The Pride Of India Due To Date Constraints
- News Maharashtra govt formation: Governor asks NCP to stake claim, sets 8.30 pm deadline
- Sports Hope hits a hundred as West Indies complete Afghanistan whitewash
- Technology Alleged Poco F2 Spigen Case Leaks Online: Here’s What It Looks Like
- Travel 6 Silly And Common Mistakes Passengers Make At The Airport
- Automobiles Renault Triber Top Spec RxZ Variant Gets Bigger Wheels
- Finance Why Should You Stay Away From EMI-Like Gold Schemes Run By Jewellers?
- Education National Education Day: Why It Is Celebrated On Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Birthday
What do you do when a sinus headache hits you? You either turn off the lights, lie down or pop a pill, right? Sinus congestion or a stuffy nose occurs when you are suffering from cold or when the temperature is too hot or cold.
Chronic sinus is worse and devastating that can create various complications. The symptoms of a sinus headache are congestion, sneezing, headache, coughing, etc. Foods that are rich in vitamin A should be included, as these help build a strong defence against the sinus infection-causing pathogens.
Instead of popping antibiotics, the best solution to counter sinus headache is to include the best foods good for sinus congestion.
These are the 10 best foods good for sinus congestion
Pineapples are rich in antioxidants which protect the mucus membranes from damage. It has certain enzymes that bring relief from sinus congestion.
If you are suffering from sinus headache, have watermelon because the natural water in it contains essential minerals like magnesium that prevents headache.
Ginger contains antioxidants and anti inflammatory properties that decrease pain and reduce congestion and swelling throughout the body.
Horseradish is a spicy root that reduces inflammation and increases mucus production. It has an antibiotic effect that helps treat the symptoms of sinus headache.
5. Hot Soup
Soup in the form chicken or vegetable is good for the soul and sinuses. Hot soup promotes the movement of mucus that helps to clear the sinus away.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a wonderful natural ingredient that helps to relieve you from the sinus headache.
Spices such as cayenne pepper consist of antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help in breaking down and draining out the congested mucus.
Allicin, a compound found in garlic, reduces the pain caused by a sinus congestion and hence this helps treat sinus infection effectively.
9. Citrus Fruits
Fruits that are rich in vitamin C like oranges, lemons, grapes, etc., are known to cure sinuses instantly.
Onions have a strong pungent smell and contain antihistamine properties that help in reducing the sinus congestion.