- 10 hrs ago Indian Vegetables That Are A Must Add To Your Diet; Recipes And Possible Side Effects
- 11 hrs ago Hina Khan’s Fashion Wardrobe For Maldives Vacation Is So On Point And Awesome
- 12 hrs ago Ananya Panday Is Here To Set The Gram On Fire Yet Again With Her Brown Bralette
- 15 hrs ago Expert Speaks About Brain Exercises For Managing Alzheimer’s
- Technology List Of 512 GB Internal memory Smartphones Available To Buy In India
- Sports IPL 2021, CSK vs MI: Stats, Full List of Award Winners, Man of The Match, Post Match Presentation Highlights
- Movies Bigg Boss OTT: Shilpa Shetty Shares Heartwarming Welcome Back Post For Her Sister Shamita Shetty
- News Stringent lockdown where Covid spread is critical: Kerala govt
- Finance Top 5 Best Cryptocurrency To Consider For Long Term Investments
- Education JEE Advanced 2021 Update: Registration Closes Tomorrow; OBC-NCL/EWS Certificates To Be Submitted By October 2
- Automobiles MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
What do you do when a sinus headache hits you? You either turn off the lights, lie down or pop a pill, right? Sinus congestion or a stuffy nose occurs when you are suffering from cold or when the temperature is too hot or cold.
Chronic sinus is worse and devastating that can create various complications. The symptoms of a sinus headache are congestion, sneezing, headache, coughing, etc. Foods that are rich in vitamin A should be included, as these help build a strong defence against the sinus infection-causing pathogens.
Instead of popping antibiotics, the best solution to counter sinus headache is to include the best foods good for sinus congestion.
These are the 10 best foods good for sinus congestion
Pineapples are rich in antioxidants which protect the mucus membranes from damage. It has certain enzymes that bring relief from sinus congestion.
If you are suffering from sinus headache, have watermelon because the natural water in it contains essential minerals like magnesium that prevents headache.
Ginger contains antioxidants and anti inflammatory properties that decrease pain and reduce congestion and swelling throughout the body.
Horseradish is a spicy root that reduces inflammation and increases mucus production. It has an antibiotic effect that helps treat the symptoms of sinus headache.
5. Hot Soup
Soup in the form chicken or vegetable is good for the soul and sinuses. Hot soup promotes the movement of mucus that helps to clear the sinus away.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a wonderful natural ingredient that helps to relieve you from the sinus headache.
Spices such as cayenne pepper consist of antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help in breaking down and draining out the congested mucus.
Allicin, a compound found in garlic, reduces the pain caused by a sinus congestion and hence this helps treat sinus infection effectively.
9. Citrus Fruits
Fruits that are rich in vitamin C like oranges, lemons, grapes, etc., are known to cure sinuses instantly.
Onions have a strong pungent smell and contain antihistamine properties that help in reducing the sinus congestion.