- Movies Hrithik Roshan's Dancing Video As A Kid Goes Viral; Netizens Can't Get Enough Of His Awesome Moves!
- Automobiles Changan Automobiles Announces India Plans: To Invest Rs 4000 Crore
- Finance How To Buy Fastag From SBI?
- Sports Doncic joins LeBron after 40-point triple-double, Clippers edge Thunder
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Reader Announced For Around Rs. 6,000: An Amazon Kindle Rival?
- News ISRO to launch Cartosat-3, 13 commercial nano satellites on Nov 25
- Travel Igatpuri – A Perfect Travel Destination
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
Skin rashes and infections accompanied by severe itching, redness and bleeding from the skin are a few of the common symptoms of eczema. In conditions like this, natural remedies are found to be a very effective treatment.
Coconut oil is one of the best natural remedies for eczema. It helps in strengthening the immune system which is why it helps in treating eczema.
Also Read: Symptoms Of Ovarian Cysts
Known for its antioxidant, antifungal, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties, coconut oil is rich in vitamin E and K and is effective for treating not just eczema but a lot of other skin-related infections too.
Eczema affects not just adults but children as well. This skin problem is mostly seen around the cheeks, the neck region, legs and also around the forearms. In such a condition once you develop the itchiness you have that feeling of discomfort. All that you want to do at that point of time is to get rid of it instantly.
If eczema is left untreated few people develop wounds on the skin as well.
Also Read: Treatment for COPD
If you are using coconut oil to treat eczema then you need to make sure that you make use of virgin coconut oil and not the refined ones. The virgin coconut oil is more effective.
How To Use Virgin Coconut Oil For Eczema:
There are two ways of using this natural virgin coconut oil for the treatment of eczema.
First, one can apply it topically over the affected area. Taking a bit of coconut oil, one can apply it on the affected area and then gently massage it over the area. This can be done once a day. However, if the condition is severe, it can be applied twice-thrice a day.
The oil should be kept for a few hours or even overnight so that the oil penetrates the skin. Following which one can take a shower to remove the oil.
For those who are allergic to coconut oil, they should try to avoid it.
Secondly, having coconut oil along with your everyday meals or in the form of drinks helps in boosting the immunity level and thus helps in protecting the body from any forms of infections as well as allergies. For people suffering from eczema, consuming about 2-3 tablespooons of coconut oil helps in getting rid of the problem quickly.