- 2 hrs ago Heat Exhaustion: Types, Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis, Treatment And Prevention
- 2 hrs ago Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, And More Won Us With Their Outfits At Charlie's Angels Premiere
- 3 hrs ago Diabetes Insipidus In Children: Causes, Types, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 4 hrs ago So, What Is So Special About Deepika Padukone's Anniversary Sari
- Movies Motichoor Chaknachoor Movie Review: Nawazuddin Siddiqui Saves This Ladoo From Crumbling Into Pieces!
- Sports Curtailed day sees Thai Itthipat surge to the top at Panasonic Open India
- News Congress, Shiv Sena, NCP hold meeting to discuss Common Minimum Programme
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Starts Winter Service Camp: Offers Free Check Ups, Complimentary Washes & More
- Technology Microsoft Brings Its Xbox Game Pass Ultimate To India For Just Rs. 50
- Finance Deadline To File GST Returns Extended; Forms Simplified
- Education Delhi Nursery Admission 2020-21: Explore Admission Schedule And Registration Details
- Travel Kalady – The Land Of Holy Shrines
Cortisol, aka stress hormone, performs several important bodily functions. But elevated cortisol levels can put your mental and physical health at risk. If you are looking for natural ways to reduce cortisol level, you have looged into the right site.
Numerous studies conducted in this field have found that if the level of cortisol in an individual's body is high for a long period of time, it could cause impaired cognitive performance, imbalance in blood sugar, etc. And in a few severe cases, it could also lead to heart diseases.
Also Read: Oils For Arthritis
Hence, there's a need to ensure that the cortisol level stays regulated, as either scenarios, high or low, could cause complications.
But, the good news is that reducing the cortisol level is an achievable task. In fact, there are many natural ways of bringing down the cortisol level.
So, today we're letting you know about the tried-and-tested natural and powerful ways of reducing cortisol levels. The link between these natural ways and stress reduction is well documented.
Also Read: Home Remedies For Receding Gums
But, in case you've been feeling too stressed out recently or have been diagnosed with a high level of cortisol in your body, then you must consult a doctor to immediately begin with a treatment.
Keeping that in mind, take a look at these natural ways to reduce cortisol level, here.
1. Get Some Sleep
Few findings done in this field have found that people who sleep less on a regular basis have a much higher cortisol level than the ones who get 8 hours shut-eye on a daily basis. Inadequate sleep causes your body more harm than you can possibly fathom. So, one of the best ways of reducing cortisol level is getting a proper sleep on a daily basis.
There is a strong connection between the practice of meditation and low cortisol level. Several people meditate every morning to keep the stress hormone, cortisol, from rising. This healthy habit has helped people all over the world. Try this to improve mindfulness and win the battle against stress.
3. Drink Black Tea
Consumption of black tea can cause a significant reduction in the cortisol level. This age-old technique can work wonders if you're looking for a natural way to de-stress yourself and reduce cortisol. The calming effects of black tea can unwind the stress and bring down the cortisol level.
4. Drink Plenty Of Water
Not many people are aware of the fact that dehydration can lead to high cortisol levels. Dehydration is known to cause fatigue and it also lowers blood flow to some of the organs. Make it a rule of thumb to always drink plenty of water. And incorporating this healthy habit in your lifestyle will improve your health and well-being.
5. Eat Foods That Fight Stress
There are numerous healthy foods that can naturally bring down the cortisol levels. Foods like salmon, dark chocolate, berries, etc., are loaded with essential nutrients and vitamins that can play an instrumental role in reducing the cortisol level. Also, stick to a healthy balanced diet and stay away from junk food for optimal health.
6. Try Chewing Gum
This is a tried-and-tested way of fighting off stress. This is a well-documented fact and several studies have found that the flavour of a gum can improve neural activity and effectively reduce the stress levels. Give this cost-effective and safe way a try to naturally de-stress yourself.
7. Exercise Regularly
Exercising on a regular basis can reduce stress levels, which is a well-known fact. Researchers have found that people who workout regularly have reduced levels of body's stress hormones. So, in order to stay mentally and physically fit and to lower the cortisol level, all you have to do is sweat it out.