- 20 min ago What You Need To Know About The Ranna Puja (Cooking Festival) In West Bengal
- 20 min ago Kangana Ranaut's Latest Airport Wardrobe Includes Breezy And Boss Lady Outfits
- 35 min ago How To Get Nushrat Bharucha’s Glossy Make-up And Wet Hair Look
- 52 min ago Dream Girl Actress Nushrat Bharucha Has Long Dress Goals For Girls With Average Height
- News Delhi Transport Union to go on strike against hefty fines on Sep 19
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan: I Like When My Audience Doesn’t Know What I Am Going To Do Next
- Technology OnePlus Music Festival To Feature Performances From Katy Perry, Dua Lipa
- Finance ITC, Goldfrey Phililips, Golden Tobacco Rally After Cabinet Bans E-Cigarettes
- Sports Strauss backs Root as 'obvious guy' to captain England
- Automobiles Volkswagen Golf GTI Hot Hatchback’s India Launch Being Considered
- Education NIOS Admit Card Released For Class 10 And 12 Sep/Oct 2019 Board Exam
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
The moment you see that you have got a hickey, you start thinking about ways to get rid of it as soon as possible. You might fumble at getting medications to get rid of it immediately. But do not go too far, the best natural remedies to get rid of hickies are available right in your kitchen.
Hickies, which are also commonly known as love bites are caused due to biting or kissing aggressively on the soft skin. These soft blood vessels get broken and allow the blood to move around the surrounding tissues.
Also Read: Kitchen Ingredients To Treat Food Poisoning
It generally appears around the neck region and the face. The colour of the hickies varies from dark red colour to purple.
Hickies do not cause any serious health problems. These are neither too painful nor something to be extremely worried about. It is just a temporary mark which fades away in a week to about 10 days time. But in order to avoid the embarrassment and to prevent it from looking odd, people look out for options to get rid of it quickly.
Also Read: Kitchen Ingredients For Body Rashes
Here is a list of 8 quick kitchen ingredients which helps in getting rid of hickies. Take a look:
1. Banana Peel:
Banana peel is known to get rid of the bruises caused by hickies very quickly. Take a banana peel, place the inside part of it just above the affected area and then keep it for a few minutes. Keep doing this 2-3 times a day. It helps.
2. Cold Compress:
Take a few ice cubes, wrap it on a clean cloth and apply it over the affected area. Keep it for about a few minutes. This helps in breaking the blood clot and the marks will vanish soon.
3. Hot Compress:
Take a soft clean cloth, dip it in hot water, squeeze it a bit and then place this cloth on top of the affected area. This will help to dilate the blood clots and you can quickly get rid of the hickey marks.
4. Aloe Vera:
Aloe vera, known for its anti-inflammatory properties helps in healing the hickies faster. Extract aloe vera gel and then apply it over the affected areas and massage it gently.
Soak a cotton ball in alcohol, apply it on the affected skin area and then rub it for a few minutes. This will help in reducing the mark. Alcohol is also known for its disinfectant properties and helps in providing a cooling effect.
Rich in vitamin C, orange helps to get rid of the hickies quickly. You can either prepare a pack using orange and then apply it over the affected area or you could also prepare orange juice and drink it.
Take a bit of peppermint based toothpaste amd apply it on the affected area as soon as you see it. Keep it for a while and once the tingling sensation fades, you can wash it off with a wet cloth. You could also apply peppermint oil on the affected areas.
Using a soft toothbrush or any other brush, gently rub on the affected area for a few seconds. It helps to stimulate blood circulation. You can see that the red marks will spread and won't be too visible.