- 19 min ago Alia Bhatt, Anushka Sharma, And Ananya Panday Have Ultimate Party Wear Goals For Us
- 31 min ago Try Out These Easy Hairstyles Tonight To Wake Up With Perfect Curls
- 1 hr ago Deepika Padukone And Ranveer Singh Flaunt Vibrant Outfits At Harmandir Sahib
- 1 hr ago Heard About A Pill To Fake Virginity On 'The First Night'? Well, It Is True!
- Technology Apple Research App For iPhone, Watch Goes Live: All You Need To Know
- News Minority view in Sabarimala verdict is a stern reminder of how SC verdicts should be implemented
- Sports Rumour Has It: Man City & United want Inter's Martinez as Atletico eye Rakitic
- Movies Miss World 2017 Manushi Chhillar To Play Sanyogita In Akshay Kumar’s Prithviraj
- Automobiles Royal Enfield’s DIY Basic Video Instructions For 650 Twins: Covers Starting Trouble & More
- Finance Places Where You Can Sell Gold Jewellery For Cash In India
- Education Delhi Nursery Admission 2020-21: Explore Admission Schedule And Registration Details
- Travel Kalady – The Land Of Holy Shrines
Do you feel that the food you eat tastes different, or that your tongue has become thicker and you also have bad breath? Check it for yourself. This might be due to a white tongue.
Normally our tongue appears pinkish, but when you see a white coating on your tongue which looks a little weird, then this is a typical sign of white tongue.
Also Read: Causes Of White Tongue
The white tongue is generally caused when the food residue, dead cells and bacteria get collected on the tongue. Poor oral hygeine along with excess smoke, alcohol abuse and dehydration makes your mouth dry and this leads to the formation of a white tongue.
Also when you are suffering from high fever or jaundice you tend to get this white tongue. Especially when you are under medication and antibiotics few people tend to develop a white tongue.
Also Read: Remedies For Tongue Ulcer
However, if the white tongue is recurring often then you need to see a doctor immediately as this could be a sign of chronic fungal infection, leukoplakia and could develop into cancer over a period of time.
There are several medications and mouth-washes available to get rid of white tongue. Here are these 10 amazing ingredients which will help you to clean your white tongue. Take a look.
1. Aloe Vera:
The antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties of aloe vera are known to prevent the formation of white tongue. Take aloe vera juice in your mouth and swish it for a while.
Turmeric is known for its antibacterial and antifungal properties. Take a bit of turmeric powder, rub it on your tongue and then rinse it with water. This prevents the formation of a white tongue as well as bad breath.
3. Warm Salt Water:
Take luke warm water, add half a teaspoon of salt to the water and mix it. Using this natural mouthwash, rinse your mouth to prevent the formation of white tongue.
4. Baking Soda:
Mix a bit of baking soda with lemon juice and apply it on your tongue. This will remove the food residue which sticks to your tongue and help to prevent the formation of a white tongue.
Yogurt is one well known probiotic which helps to remove the bacteria and fungus causing a white tongue. Add yogurt to your daily diet.
6: Lemon Juice:
Lemon juice helps to remove the bacteria from the mouth and gets rid of a white tongue. Take fresh lemon juice and rinse your mouth with it.
Garlic is known for its anti-fungal properties. It helps to remove the bacteria from the tongue. You could add garlic cloves to your meal or just chew the garlic cloves.
Take a bit of vegetable glycerin and lightly brush off your tongue with it. This helps in getting rid of a white tongue.
9. Drinking Water:
The best way to get rid of a white tongue is to stay hydrated. Drinking lots of water helps to prevent the formation of a white tongue.
Neem is a natural antioxidant. Take a few neem leaves and boil them in water. Let it cool and then rinse your mouth with it. This helps to get rid of a white tongue problem.