- 2 hrs ago 10 Risks Associated With Protein Overconsumption
- 3 hrs ago 8 Alarming Symptoms Of Cervical Cancer In Women
- 4 hrs ago Ananya Panday Stuns In A Tarun Tahiliani’s Hand-Embroidered Lehenga And It Is Pretty Unique
- 5 hrs ago Pooja Hedge’s Green Velvet Manish Malhotra Lehenga Will Help You Rock Winter Wedding
- Sports Goa survive resilient Odisha to reclaim ISL top spot
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 122 Synopsis: Vikas Gupta And Shefali Jariwala Enter The House Once Again!
- News 'Entry of woman into mosque for Namaz is permitted in Islam': Muslim board to SC
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A51 With Quad Rear Cameras Launched For Rs. 23,999
- Finance All Indian Railway Coaches, Wagons To Be Tagged With RFID For Tracking By 2021
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In 2020
- Automobiles Toyota Fortuner BS6 Petrol And Diesel Engine Specifications Revealed
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
You just had a piping hot tea or soup or in an excitement you gulped down some hot sizzling pizzas just out of the oven. And this ended up in giving you a burnt tongue. You scream out loud and then you run around panting with your tongue hanging out.
At that moment, probably you might not have realized that the tea, soup or the pizza was too hot to leave you with a burnt tongue; it just happened accidentally. But the pain it gives is horrible and you just cannot bear it.
Also Read: Causes Of Sore Tongue
Your taste buds also go for a toss, your tongue becomes kind of numb and after that anything you eat seems tasteless. Also it makes your tongue rough.
You fumble out for medicines that would provide instant relief and then in a hurry you would not find anything.
Also Read: Remedies For Burning Tongue Syndrome
So in case of such a burnt tongue you need not run around for medicines. There are certain home remedies which are readily available at your home, which you could use and get instant relief.
Here are these amazing home remedies that give instant relief from burnt tongue. Take a look.
1. Place Ice Cubes:
The first thing you could do when you have a burnt tongue is to pick up some ice cubes and place them on the tongue, especially on the affected area.
2. Eat Sugar:
Applying sugar, especially the powdered ones provides instant relief from the burnt tongue and also helps to heal the burn faster.
3. Gargle Your Mouth With Cold Water:
If you are not able to get anything, then the best remedy for burnt tongue would be cold water. Take cold water and then gargle your mouth with it. This provides relief from the burnt tongue.
Yogurt is rich in antioxidants and also vitamin B5. When you have a burnt tongue, quickly have yogurt; it provides a cooling effect to the burning sensation and also speeds up the healing process.
5. Apply Honey:
Known for its anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant and anti-fungal properties, honey gives a soothing effect to the burning tongue quickly.
6. Apply Aloe Vera:
If you have a burnt tongue quickly apply the natural aloe vera gel and get instant relief. Aloe vera is anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant and anti-septic and helps to give a quick relief.
7. Cold Apple Juice:
Apple is known for its anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant and anti-fungal properties. Also, the astringent properties help in soothing and relieving the burnt tongue quickly.
8. Apply Mint Toothpaste:
Take a pinch of mint toothpaste and apply it over the burnt area; this gives a cooling effect. Allow it to dry and then rinse it with cold water.
9. Lavender Oil:
Lavender oil is one of the best home remedies one could get for burnt tongue. It is anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant and anti-fungal; hence, it is known to provide quick healing from burns.