- 19 min ago Nupur Sanon And Tara Sutaria Gave Us Wedding Wear Goals With Their Gorgeous Designer Lehengas
- 41 min ago From Dutee Chand To Alia Bhatt, Here Are Amazing Stylish Vogue Photoshoots Of The Leading Celebs
- 42 min ago Diwali 2019: WhatsApp And Facebook Messages To Send To Your Loved Ones
- 49 min ago Malaika Arora Is A Sight To Behold In A Thick Blue Winged Eyeliner Look
- News Congress knocks EC's door over EVMs; Digvijay suggests "reliable system" for future
- Movies Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Deepika Padukone & Others Vote In Maharashtra Elections
- Travel Hidlumane Waterfalls - How To Reach And Things To Do
- Sports MotoGP analysis: How Marquez escaped from the clutches of Quartararo at Motegi
- Technology GTA 6 Expected To Release By 2020 - Vice City Might Make A Comeback
- Finance Reliance Jio Marginally Cuts Prices Of Some Tariff Packs And Adjusts IUC
- Automobiles Honda CBR 650R Sold Out In India: Bookings For The Motorcycle Put On Hold Temporarily
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
The moment we hear of acupressure, we relate it with pain reliever or treatment for spondylitis. But a recent study has found that acupressure helps in reducing persistent fatigue among women undergoing breast cancer treatment.
It addition to this, it also improves their sleep as well as their quality of life. Acupressure is also found as one of the low-cost ways to manage other symptoms.
Fatigue is one of the most common effects witnessed by every woman undergoing breast cancer treatment, and it is said to last even after a decade of the treatment.
The findings revealed that acupressure reduced fatigue by 27 per cent to 34 per cent over 6 weeks of the treatment.
Acupressure is one of the well-known traditional Chinese treatment methods. It involves applying pressure with fingers, thumbs or a device to specific points on the body.
Also Read: Breast Cancer Every Woman's Nightmare
In the study, published in the journal JAMA Oncology, the team tested two types of acupressure namely relaxing acupressure, used traditionally to treat insomnia, and stimulating acupressure, which is used to increase energy. The two techniques differ by the points on the body that are stimulated.
During the study, 424 breast cancer survivors from the Michigan Tumor Registry were taken into consideration. At the end of the trial, both acupressure treatments resulted in significant, sustained improvements in fatigue.
The study found that two-thirds of women who did relaxing acupressure, which is a certain type of the healing method, showed significant improvements in fatigue levels, measure of sleep quality, such as disrupted sleep, and an overall quality of life.
The relaxing method, on the other hand, appeared to cause more significant improvements in fatigue levels of breast cancer patients.
The best part about acupressure is that it is easy to learn and patients can do it themselves. However, it is always advised to take the opinion of an acupressure specialist before we start off with any of the treatment modalities.
With Inputs From IANS