- 6 hrs ago Flaxseeds For Weight Loss: Ways To Add It To Your Diet
- 9 hrs ago Tamil Actress Ramya Pandian Graces Cook With Comali Show In A Blue Khadi Linen Sari
- 9 hrs ago Shraddha Kapoor And Rakul Preet Singh's Street-Style Looks Are Something To Look Forward To
- 9 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Sonam Kapoor And More
- Movies Lions Gold Awards 2020 Winners List: Shaheer, Hina, Jennifer, Shraddha, Dheeraj & Others Bag Awards
- News Karan Johar, Ekta Kapoor, Kangana Ranaut awarded the 'Padma Shri'
- Sports Mary Kom conferred with Padma Vibhushan, Sindhu gets Padma Bhushan
- Technology Airtel Vs Reliance Jio Vs Vodafone: Best Prepaid Plans That Offers 3GB Data
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Automobiles TVS iQube Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Swelling in the tonsils usually occurs as a result of a bacterial or viral infection. It can cause a great deal of discomfort and, at times, may cause an agonising pain in the throat.
Mainly, tonsils are the lymph nodes that are located on the rear end of your throat.
Swelling in these lymph nodes can make it real difficult to swallow food or even drink anything. The feeling of constant discomfort in the throat can be infuriating.
Also Read: Ways To Prevent Tonsil Infections
The severity of swelling will depend on the infection. The specialists may prescribe spray or antibiotics, depending on the infection.
So, today at Boldsky, we have compiled a list of some of the most effective home remedies to treat swollen tonsils.
These traditional, potent home remedies have been used since centuries to naturally reduce the swelling and give a good relief from the symptoms of this infection.
Also Read: Foods n Drinks To Cure Tonsillitis
In order to get relief from the swelling in the tonsils, just incorporate these inexpensive, safe home remedies in your daily routine.
Moreover, these are any day better than the pills and antibiotics that you otherwise consume in order to get relief from the pain.
Read on to know more about it.
1. Gargle With Salt Water:
This age-old remedy is incredible for soothing the tonsillitis pain and reducing inflammation in the area. Saline water helps fight the bacteria and gives relief from the discomfort by reducing the swelling in the tonsils.
2. Orange Juice With Water:
Orange juice is a rich source of vitamin C, which particularly plays a key role in fighting the bacteria that cause the tonsils to swell up. On a daily basis, drink 1/4th glass of water mixed with 1 glass of orange juice. This will give relief from the pain and decrease the swelling.
3. Honey And Garlic:
The antioxidant and antibacterial properties of honey and garlic can do wonders on the swollen tonsils. These 2 ingredients are remarkable for destroying the harmful bacteria and also for giving relief from the symptoms of tonsillitis.
4. Chicken Soup:
Warm and freshly made chicken soup is also known to reduce the inflammation to a great extent. The ingredients present in it have anti-inflammatory properties that give a great deal of relief from the swollen tonsillitis. Not only does it reduce the swelling, it also soothes the annoying pain in the throat.
This traditional home remedy is popular worldwide for its healing properties. Crushed basil leaves or basil tea has a myriad of health benefits. Packed with essential properties, this remedy is incredible for getting rid of the swollen tonsils.
6. Cinnamon With Warm Water:
Since centuries, cinnamon has been used for getting relief from the tonsillitis pain. The antibacterial agents in cinnamon are great for preventing the bacteria from spreading the infection. Just mix cinnamon powder with warm water and have it on a daily basis, till the symptoms subside.
7. Turmeric And Honey:
When the unique properties of turmeric and honey are combined together, they give relief from the pain and reduce swelling to a great extent. Also, this will stop the troubling microorganisms from spreading the infection further.